PHOTRIO is now live: feedback, bug reports & feature requests in this thread.

Discussion in 'System Announcements' started by Sean, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Jerevan

Jerevan Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    Coffee is good but Java - I am not so sure ... :D

Thanks for the suggestion.

2. wiltw

wiltw Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    BUG: (I apologize if this has already been reported in the 5 pages of posts preceding this one!)

When you change the category of posts (e.g. uncheck Analog and check Digital) the New count (at upper right of screen) takes a minute or two (or more) to update itself!

3. Nodda Duma

Nodda Duma Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    In the Media preview page, click on the photographer's photo to view it in full size. On that page, to the left you will see a box called "More Media". It'll look something like this:

More Media

Nodda Duma
    Media: 75
    Albums: 0

Click on the "75" and you will be able to view thumbnails for all the media uploaded by that photographer. In my example, it takes you to this page:

https://www.photrio.com/forum/index.php?media/users/nodda-duma.61906/

Note the form of that link. You can substitute out my user ID in that link to go to view any user's media. See:

https://www.photrio.com/forum/index.php?media/users/Reinhold.790/

-Jason

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  4. foen

foen Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Ok so I'm waiting for your announcement about a iOS app.

Thank you for your efforts

5. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    I like the "New" box on posts. :smile: Thanks.

6. Photo Engineer

Photo Engineer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Phototrio seems a bit slower to load new posts and it displays a momentary logo of some sort at the top of the screen. Then the logo vanishes and the "familiar" APUG screen appears with new posts.

7. pbromaghin

pbromaghin Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes, that does get you to the thumbnails page. However, if you then click on one of those photos, it puts you into the gallery where that photo was posted. Clicking on the right or left arrows while looking at a photo does not navigate you through the photographer's list, it navigates you through the gallery where it was posted. 2 upgrades ago we used to be able to right or left click through a photographer's postings.

8. OP
    OP
    Sean

Sean Admin Staff Member Admin
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Hi All,

Just waking up here and will go through all of the feedback in detail. Someone mentioned some odd redirects, I see it and will have that corrected first. Thanks! :smile:

9. Molli

Molli Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:

Speaking of, I do miss seeing whether a subscriber has media just by glancing at their name beside their posts. I think it got lost by the wayside last major overhaul, actually. I know it's listed in the pop up if you click on their avatar so it's only a step further and, very, very obviously, it's not a deal breaker for me if it's never returned. That little panel has quite enough work to do now, showing subscription status, message count, joined date, location, shooting format and now groups, so putting the media link back there might start being a bit of tight squeeze. So, as I said, not an issue or a problem... I just miss it a little bit.

10. RattyMouse

RattyMouse Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Just like Kodachrome! :tongue:

11. Wayne

Wayne Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Large Format
    There is no point in my reading 5 pages of history now. I was aware of coming changes but I would have paid much closer attention if there was a thread titled "APUG will vanish and be replaced by an analog section of a digital photography website". I did read the first post and saw nothing that suggested APUG would vanish, so I ignored it after that. It seemed quite benign. In fact your first post about MAJOR changes coming was very reassuring, saying

" -APUG enabled, Hybridphoto disabled, DPUG disabled = APUG.ORG as you currently know it now"

which it isn't, because there is no APUG or APUG.ORG anymore

and

"I can't stress enough that a key requirement of this new system (and most challenging that we achieved) is that those who only enable APUG essentially have exactly what we have right now (APUG)."

But there is no APUG at all, let alone "essentially APUG", there is only an analog section of a 2/3 digital-hybrid site, and that section isn't even nominally called APUG. I think that ANALOG PHOTOGRAPHY USERS GROUP was an important identifying part of "the community" and I see its loss as a significant loss and a step toward an inevitably unified site (which most would cheer). I disagree about the name and brand; there's a big difference in perception between Bob's small farm Broccoli and Monsanto's and the analog section now feels a lot more like Monsanto. Its the same only in name, except in this case the name is gone too. There's nothing left but a bunch of people I used to know, smiling and nodding vacantly. I know, I know, all my friends are still here and they look very happy with those smiles of assimilation on their faces. Why can’t I just eat the Photrio candy and be happy too?

I understand why you made the technical changes and can’t argue with your reasoning, I just don't understand why APUG was dissolved in the process. Rather than just being critical, I will offer a couple ideas for you to reject.

1) put the option in our personal settings to remove the digital-hybrid checkboxes from the header so we can choose not to be reminded we are now or soon will be the minority every time we visit
    2) put APUG in big letters and “powered by Photrio(if you must)” in small letters back in the banner if we only have the analog section enabled.

12. Old-N-Feeble

Old-N-Feeble Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Some folks are never satisfied. :wink: :D

13. OP
    OP
    Sean

Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    "I just don't understand why APUG was dissolved in the process."

This was discussed earlier in the final migration announcement:

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. ozphoto

ozphoto Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    I've only just noticed, but when I post, but sometimes my reply remains on the same page that I replied to and the page count shows an extra page. I click on that, and voila my post suddenly moves to the end of the posts (as expected).

It's not just today, it's been happening since the migration - a small "niggle" but that's about the only thing I've come across in my wanderings.

16. OP
    OP
    Sean

Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Just testing with this reply...

17. OP
    OP
    Sean

Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    didn't happen with my 'quick reply', are you using quick reply? if so what browser? Thanks

18. George Nova Scotia

George Nova Scotia Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Possible bug - different action:
    I have several links in my sig to go to the Postcard Echange on this site. They now seem to open a new tab on Chrome and Firefox (all that I've tried) rather than just jump to the thread as they did before. Is this the desired action or is there an option I haven't explored?

Ok Just tried it again and it is working as before. I'll have to try some more.

Nope still seems to be opening new tabs,

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  19. ozphoto

ozphoto Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Hmmm, I didn't look that closely actually. :tongue: I was using "Reply w/quote" for the earlier post that I saw it on - I'll check next time I have it pop up.

20. Truzi

Truzi Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    For me it's IceWeasel 44.0 on Debian Linux Testing. I had clicked "Reply w/quote." I'll edit this post after I submit and see if it happens again (though for this present post I did some odd Reply w/Quote cut & pasting instead of the multi-quote option).

EDIT: Okay, it didn't happen this time. The difference from when it did happen might be what page I was on when I replied. This time I replied with quote to a post on this page. When it happened to me, the post I Replied w/quote to was a couple pages back from the most current post at the time.

Try going to a previous page and replying w/quote to one of those posts.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  21. ozphoto

ozphoto Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Just looking at the Galleries again, and noticed the avatars look rather weird, and the comments seem to be rather close to the LHS. I used the RWQ link and it gave @johnsmith rather than the expected quote that you usually see in the forum threads - is this normal (I rarely post in the galleries thread, so don't know what is typical and what isn't).

apug.jpg

22. ozphoto

ozphoto Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Almost positive this is what I encountered too.

23. ozphoto

ozphoto Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    The layout seems a little off with user names that are longer than usual - the New Posts just now were cutting off the end despite me viewing in a full-sized browser window. (The white edge on the RHS is the scroll bar in Safari.)

APUG.jpg

24. OP
    OP
    Sean

Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Thanks guys. I'll compile a good list of all these bugs tomorrow and tick them off as we squash them.

25. tim_walls

tim_walls Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    That actually used to happen on APUG as well, it's not new with the migration.

I presume it happens when additional posts have arrived while you were writing yours, which created another page after the one you are replying on. The reply gets glued onto the end of the page you're looking at to avoid a complete page reload, which is normally of course a nice thing - but if another page has been added on in the meantime it looks a little weird (it should reload the whole thing in order to tack your post on the 'new' end.)

26. pdeeh

pdeeh Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    This did used to happen on the old system too, from time to time.
    So far as I can tell if you used the reply box at the bottom of any page of a thread other than the lastmost page, you could trigger this.
    I never reported it as it seems an innocuous enough feature :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.