PHOTRIO is now live: feedback, bug reports & feature requests in this thread.

Discussion in 'System Announcements' started by Sean, Aug 16, 2017.

1. mgb74

mgb74 Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well done. Nice clean look. Just in time; I was just starting to get the apug (or Photrio) DTs (Delirium tremens).

However, I'm not able to log in with Chrome (my usual browser), even after clearing cache and cookies. Anyone else having this issue? I am able to log in with Firefox.

2. Molli

Molli Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    How can APUG be an orphan when it's been gently moved by its Daddy and enfolded in the loving arms of its brother and sister at PHOTRIO?
    It has a new roof over its head, a closer relationship with its siblings, lots of new friends with, likely, so many more to come; and all under the benevolent, undivided gaze of its Dad. :smile:

3. ajmiller

ajmiller Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Great job. On iPad safari here. Like the way a small H appears against hybrid posts to differentiate. Well done, Tony

4. Wayne

Wayne Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Large Format
    That's what I'm afraid of. APUG was both the identity and name of the site and now both are dead. I understand the need for one or the other to merge with its evil sisters that have jobs and pay the bills, but I don't understand why we needed to lose both. Now I'm just a member of a mega-imaging site that's 2/3 non-analog and doesn't even have analog in its name anymore. I wasn't expecting this.

5. Wayne

Wayne Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Large Format
    APUG doesnt exist. Its not just an orphan, its a dead discarded orphan.

6. winger

winger Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sean, it looks fantastic. Everything I've looked at functions exactly as it was (yet better). I'll check from my ancient laptop when I have a chance, but this is just great. I'm sure some will grumble, but a rose by any other name would smell as sweet - it's still APUG, just expanded.

7. OP
    OP
    Sean

Sean Admin Staff Member Admin
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Hi Wayne,

This has been in progress and in discussion since Nov. 2016, I suggest catching up here. A lot of discussion about why it's been done and the way it's been done:

Major Announcement: APUG future development plans

And more recently when the final move was decided:

APUG.ORG to PHOTRIO.COM Migration, Final Details.

We're still here. A community is more than a name or brand. I hope you stick around. Uncheck "Hybrid" and "Digital" in the site header and you'll find yourself in familiar territory.

Thanks,
    Sean

8. winger

winger Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    :errm: It's still here. Just because the name changed didn't delete the knowledge and experience.

9. Old-N-Feeble

Old-N-Feeble Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I must admit, I'm just a little bit disappointed. I can't find anything to complain about. I really wanted to vent some negative energy but you've spoiled it for me by making the new place so friggin' perfect.

10. OP
    OP
    Sean

Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    I tried my best to cover all the bases :laugh: Still a lot of work to do but it's a good start I think.

11. Molli

Molli Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    You've just become one of my new favourite-ist people! That's a great comment. :D

If you would still like to vent, though, I've set up a room in my house entirely stripped of furnishings and I've purchased an array of glasses and crockery for one to hurl, with vim, vigour and venom, at the walls. Works a treat although my landlord now wants use of it because of the git who's trashing his rental property!

12. Patrick Robert James

Patrick Robert James Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Med. Format Pan
    I couldn't log in at first with Safari. Clicking on the link did nothing but I traced it to Ghostery blocking Google+. Disabled that for a second and it worked. Don't know if that will help you, but FYI. Kind of a pain, but I leave my browser logged in to APUG. I mean Phototrio! Shouldn't be a problem besides a slight inconvenience when I dump the cache.

13. OP
    OP
    Sean

Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Hi Patrick, I'd like to get to the bottom of that. Do you use Google services to login or had you been using the google login option? I suppose your blocking app detected the Google login code and prevented any further action. I'll check with the xenforo guys, this might be a known issue with a workaround. Thanks

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. papagene

papagene Membership Council Council
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Congrats Sean... looks great!! So far no problems with navigating around.

Now to the rest of the Photrio community: Please... please see to it in your photographic heart to make a donation to help our fearless leader with the finances of the incredible transition. I would suggest any amount to give as long as you help.

16. dasBlute

dasBlute Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sean, you [and your code-guy] rock! Thanks for all the behind-the-scenes work which must've included late and long hours,
    you are a blessing to the community
    -Tim

17. Patrick Robert James

Patrick Robert James Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Med. Format Pan
    Sean I suspect it is just Ghostery blocking anything related to Google+ so it blocked the pop up login window. The problem I was encountering was when I clicked on the login on the top right of the page it just did nothing. This is on Safari if it matters. I have Ghostery, Adblock plus, and Wiper installed on the browser, but only Ghostery caused the issue. I disabled one at a time, first Wiper, then ABP, then finally disabled Google+ in Ghostery after which everything worked normally. The Facebook plugin didn't effect the login or the popup. Hope that makes sense. Not an issue really.

18. foen

foen Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Please could you enable tapatalk apis? Thank you

19. tim_walls

tim_walls Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Yep, I can confirm this - I had to disable Ghostery to login.

Sean - outstanding job, I'm really impressed!

20. OP
    OP
    Sean

Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    @tim_walls @Patrick Robert James Thanks guys. I have not used ghostery, can you tell ghostery to ignore photrio.com? I'll see what others at xenforo say about this. Thanks

21. tim_walls

tim_walls Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Yep, consider yourself whitelisted :D.

Ghostery isn't an ad-blocker as such, rather it blocks tracking cookies, 3rd party tracking Javascript & images, that sort of thing. For example, I just opened up the NY Times website, which has the following horrendous range of privacy invasion cookies/tags which Ghostery blocks:

BlueKai
    ChartBeat
    Facebook Connect
    Google AdWords Conversion
    Google Analytics
    Google Publisher Tags
    Krux Digital
    Media.net
    Moat
    NY Times TagX
    Optimizely Geographical Targeting
    Pinterest Conversion Tracker
    ScoreCard Research Beacon
    Snowplow
    SOASTA mPulse
    Twitter Advertising
    Yahoo Analytics
    Yahoo DOT tag
    Photrio does not, so I'm happy to whitelist it. (Some things - like Facebook, Google+ login widgets and so on serve a dual purpose - on the one hand they are used to track you, but on the other they enable useful functionality like single signon. It would be nice if disabling Google+ didn't break the popup completely, but I wouldn't consider it a high priority for you Sean - as I say, Photrio is in general well behaved so I don't think anyone should be too bothered about whitelisting it!)

22. macfred

macfred Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    No issues here -safari 6.2.8 and firefox 48.0.2-. Great job, Sean !

23. jnanian

jnanian Advertiser Advertiser
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    sean

this is every bit as fantastic as you suggested it was going to be over a year ago !
    thanks for all the hard work and making it a reality !

john

24. OP
    OP
    Sean

Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    We have a dedicated/free IOS and Android App coming soon. It means we get to control our own data and not give a 3rd party full access to our database and users private details. I'm arranging my Apple dev account next week and hope to have everything setup later next week and waiting on approval.

25. OP
    OP
    Sean

Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Thanks for your help and feedback during the testing phase! :smile: And thanks again to all those posting comments here.

I'm off to sleep and will pick things up in the morning.

Sean

26. bvy

bvy Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The Page Up/Page Down buttons don't seem to work in any browser. Nor does clicking the blank are of the scroll bars. Hugely annoying.

Great work overall. Thanks for you efforts.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.