PHOTRIO is now live: feedback, bug reports & feature requests in this thread.

Discussion in 'System Announcements' started by Sean, Aug 16, 2017.

1. ozphoto

ozphoto Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    This is working in Safari 10.1.2 - don't know about any other browsers on Mac, as I don't use.

2. paul ron

paul ron Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    boy this sucks that I can't complain about anything not working!

but a small suggestion might make me feel better...

the equipment n darkroom section fonts are a bit small making it rather tight for a fat finger on a tablet to click on the subjects. the old listings were clearer n easier to use.

I also miss the recent reply thread in the right of each section which made scanning them a bit easier.

otherwise?.... its a perfect storm! great job on the roll out.

edit;
    I just noticed the 3 left edit buttons don't show on a tablet in portrait mode. it shows in landscape though.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  3. BrianShaw

BrianShaw Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Your doing good. But have you sent an APUG hat to the Smithsonian for perpetual archiving?

4. Sim2

Sim2 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Groups:
    Just logged in since the update – looks great, a lot 'cleaner' font wise than before.
    Two thoughts (not criticisms):
    Could the Analog color be a little bit brighter or more colorful than the grey? I suspect it is to represent silver but compared to the blue and the orange it doesn't stand out as much.
    When not logged in I could select/disable the three options (analog/hybrid/digital). Might this content selection or filtering be only available to those who have registered?

Well done on this!

P.S. up/down and scrolling working on mac firefox.

5. mgb74

mgb74 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have Ghostery and should have considered that possibility. I just tried pausing Ghostery and was able to log-in. I logged out, resumed Ghostery, and tried again. This time I was able to log-in (with Ghostery enabled). I do not use Google services or Google+.

As Tim noted, most websites have gotten absolutely ridiculous with the links and tracking. I'm convinced tracking cookies represent 75% of total web traffic measured in bytes. :smile:

Photrio (nee APUG) is pleasantly free of all that tracking, advertising, etc. A benefit of a subscription based service.

6. bvy

bvy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    IE11 and the latest version of Chrome for me. I can't even use CTRL+Home/End to get to the top/bottom of the page. I thought these were browser controls, but this is the only website acting this way.

Edit: Strange. It's intermittent.

7. Sim2

Sim2 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Groups:
    Just having a 'dig around' in the Your Account area.
    The three "ignore" options present themselves differently. The "People you ignore" keeps the Your Account sidebar when showing the results, the "Threads" and "Forums you ignore" lose the Your Account sidebar.
    Not a biggie by any means and maybe how they worked previously however the three similar functions present differently and two of them present different to the rest of the Your Account > Settings area.

8. pdeeh

pdeeh Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I tell you what, I've been trying to hack a twitter bot together using fragments of python i found lying around on the floor at stack overflow and my fading memory of awk. After about half an hour my brain starts to leak out of my ears like runny taramasalata and I give up for another week; so my admiration for anyone like Sean and Clement who can cut php and javascript for days on end, is on the high side, shall we say?

thanks for your efforts. It looks very goood.

9. Nodda Duma

Nodda Duma Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Here's a subtle one that I didn't see in this thread (but I admit I didn't read through very well):

Typing in (there was a url link here which no longer exists) redirects to https://photrio.com/forum/home, but it doesn't seem to be the same place as typing in https://www.photrio.com. That opens up https://www.photrio.com/forum/ Note the domain name difference.

Directly typing in photrio.com or https://photrio.com redirects to https://www.photrio.com/forum/ .

What tipped me off is that I had to log in separately for each website I was redirected to. I'm browsing in Firefox, if that makes a difference.

Thank you!

10. michr

michr Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The new site loads quickly, the theme looks good. Congrats and thanks for the hard work.

11. Ai Print

Ai Print Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The difference between this site's new look launch and another one that ends in .net is like night and day. It's super smooth, love the toggle between analog, hybrid, etc.

Your hard work shows Sean, a thank you in the form of a donation on the way!

12. Photo Engineer

Photo Engineer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It has been adopted and goes under this new name with a robust family.

PE

13. pentaxuser

pentaxuser Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    No problem with Chrome for me but I am not computer literate enough to suggest where you issue lies, sorry

pentaxuser

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. pentaxuser

pentaxuser Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    If even 50% subscribed I wonder how low the basic subscription could go and still leave Photrio, including Sean, financially secure. I suspect the figure might just be low enough for almost everyone to subscribe.

pentaxuser

16. Truzi

Truzi Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Come to think of it, APUG had exhibited the same behavior.

Another thing I noticed was the log-in page acted a bit strange before/when allowing cookies. The pop-up (pop-over?, fly-over? whatever you call it) log-in came up, but it sent me to the actual log-in page because I block cookies. So far this is normal.

After allowing the correct cookies it would not let me log in from this page - it kept looping.

I clicked the log-in link and got the pop-over again, typed my name, hit tab, and it took the cursor to the password field of the log-in page, not of the log-in pop-over. I had to use the mouse to click in the correct password field.

Not insurmountable, it was easy to figure out, but it is a bug.

EDITED TO ADD:
    Okay, this may be my browser, because I've been known to leave things up for months at a time, so take it for what it is worth...
    I had Replied with Quote to my original reply (Post 33) for this current reply (Post 90), and when I submitted, I was still on Page 2 where my quoted post was, but it was this post instead. I suspect it was a matter of the elements not updating (meaning the page number area).
    After refreshing the page everything was normal.

17. R.Gould

R.Gould Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    no problems with chrome, my prefered browser, for me, so far everything is going fine

18. Bob Carnie

Bob Carnie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Worth the wait, congratulations Sean, Family to put up with him, Behind the Scene Coders , and members here who contributed financially and with ideas. Special thanks to the crew of Moderators who over the years have
    taken on a responsibility that I never felt comfortable in doing. Well Done All.

I am announcing my intention to host the second conference for this Site , ( first one was in 2006) - with Sean's blessing of course my team here in Toronto will try to organize May 2019 a conference that would be of interest to all
    groups, from darkroom workshops, imaging workshops, gallery shows and Artist talks. May is Contact Photo Festival in Toronto and would be a perfect time to all meet again in person.
    The first conference was fun and since that time our infrastructure here is much more refined and we have great confidence in hosting.

Bob

19. Jerevan

Jerevan Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I am sorry but if you insist on forcing facebook connect, google+ platform and viglink trackers on me to be able to log in ... that's no good. :smile:

20. Old-N-Feeble

Old-N-Feeble Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    APUG was a cute fuzzy caterpillar which cocooned itself for a few days and emerged PhoTrio, a beautiful butterfly. :smile:

21. Old-N-Feeble

Old-N-Feeble Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Where do you see this happening?

22. Jerevan

Jerevan Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    In Safari and Firefox - it just spins the wheels when I want to log in.

23. Reinhold

Reinhold Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Gallery and Albums Hodge-Podge suggestions.

Suppose I see a photo that interests me and I'd like to see what else the photographer did…
    Flipping thru 2190 pages in the Standard Gallery is an exercise in madness.
    There are also 69 pages of very fine Member Albums; trying to find a photographers collected works is next to impossible.

Apparently there is no search function for finding all Albums or Gallery submissions by member name.

An example of organizing and searching Member Albums is over at FADU…
    http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/all_albums.php

And for searching individual's submissions to the Standard Gallery…
    http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.org.uk/forum/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/600/page/2

Sean, after you get things settled down and working nicely think about making Gallery and Album searches more comprehensive.

Reinhold

24. Old-N-Feeble

Old-N-Feeble Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Clean the pretzel crumbs and dried beer from your keyboard. :D

25. bvy

bvy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I guess Sean can't do anything about that...

26. Photo Engineer

Photo Engineer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Make sure that Java is enabled.

PE

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.