PHOTRIO is now live: feedback, bug reports & feature requests in this thread.

Discussion in 'System Announcements' started by Sean, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Molli

Molli Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Regarding the mail, I'm not sure if you saw my message about that within the PM, but it switched to having the sender's name as 'Sean' late last night, as opposed to the expected "PHOTRIO" as sender I was receiving yesterday morning.

By the way, my bookmarks now redirect perfectly (the handful I've tried thus far, anyway). .... I've just moved, mid-typing, from my phone to my computer and tried to replicate the glitch I got, and couldn't do it. When I tried on my phone, it was re-directing before I could jump in and stop it on the APUG Error message screen. I hope you can make sense of that. I think what I'm trying to say is that now it "just plain works"! :smile:

Good morning, Mick. It's been forever! We need to have an Australian muster and, given that I've got the fire lit this morning and can't see myself budging for the foreseeable future, I vote we drag everyone down to my place for coffee/chocolate and a chat... it's too damn cold and windy for a photo expedition. Bring prints, though! :smile:

Sean, I'll keep checking bookmarks and Google results and I'll let you know if I run into any other misdirects. You know, of course, that 'operator error' may well have played a part a little while ago, yes? :redface: Oh, also, with notifications, the red 'NEW' and 'ALERT' heads up icons work perfectly still, as does the subtle pop up notification off to the left side of the screen. Just thought you'd like to hear about what DOES work, too!

2. pentaxuser

pentaxuser Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    I have now looked at several pics as attachments in posts and in the gallery and I am convinced that since the migration the clarity and resolution I see is on a higher level. I cannot believe my eyesight has improved in say 5 days and I have made no changes to my VDU.

The pics were OK before but now look great. Thanks, Sean

pentaxuser

3. OP
    OP
    Sean

Sean Admin Staff Member Admin

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    This mail routing issue is frustrating, hope to have it fixed soon. Thanks for the testing Molli. It's a blanket redirect so should basically auto convert anything apug.org to photrio.com

4. OP
    OP
    Sean

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    email is back

5. drpsilver

drpsilver Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    17 Aug 2017

Sean:

You and Clement have done a spectacular job in merging APUG/DPUG/Hybridphoto, then migrating to Photrio. It still feels like APUG. Please take some time for yourself and rest, knowing that there is a community of photographers here to support you and the community you helped build. I hope that Photrio fulfills your expectations.

Regards,
    Darwin
    (drpsilver)

6. mitrajoon

mitrajoon Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Site looks great. However, can't sign in with FireFox. Internet Explorer works fine. Hope this is the right place to note this issue.

7. ced

ced Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Congrats on the migration and hope the transition will not give you guys too much of a headache. Well Done!

8. Truzi

Truzi Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Well done. It still looks and feels the same, my settings persisted, and it was done in a way where I don't feel I need the Quick Start Guide. Everything makes enough sense that it's very easy to figure out.

One thing to be aware of... if you only enable one area (such as Analog), then "Mark All Read," it does mark all sections' posts as read - not just the one you have enabled. It's not something that affects how I would use the other sections, but some people might want to note this.

I did find an odd thing, though it could be my browser settings. If I am logged in to photrio.com and click on the logo in the banner, or on the gold "notice," I am sent to www.photrio.com where I am not logged in. The www seems separate regarding authentication.

9. OP
    OP
    Sean

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Have you tried clearing your firefox cache/cookies? I can't seem to reproduce the issue on firefox. Thanks

10. Nige

Nige Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    worked fine for me, and I didn't clear any cache or cookies

11. Wayne

Wayne Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I like how everything looks and works but I miss APUG. Isn't there a way to keep APUG as APUG and still be part of the trio without it being orphaned into oblivion?

12. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Looks like we're off on a new adventure. Congrats, Sean!

13. OP
    OP
    Sean

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Thanks again for the comments everyone.

P.S. Site is doing better than I expected, server is not even breaking a sweat :smile:

Server Load 0.597656 (24 CPUs)

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. NedL

NedL Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    I think everything looks great. Congratulations and thanks for all your efforts!

I had a couple solargraphs in the dpug gallery, doesn't look like they transferred over ( I can imagine merging the galleries would be tricky ).
    I don't care at all... only thought of it because now I can see John's nice hybrid photos in the gallery and was wondering how they got classified :smile: Kinda cool to think I can post those if I want, tagged hybrid of course.

16. OP
    OP
    Sean

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    I'll keep DPUG open in a new space soon so some can get any data that didn't make it. Gallery pics didn't make it but most threads, posts and user accounts did.

17. NedL

NedL Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Thanks Sean!

18. peter k.

peter k. Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    WOW .... Sean this is incredible... well done.. Was gone all day, and wondered what it would be like when returned to try it, and ease my withdraw. Two thumbs up!

19. ozphoto

ozphoto Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    It's a darn fine drop - and was *extremely* difficult to get in Australia (Thailand doesn't have it at all:cry:) - thankfully a big company stocks it; usually don't use them for regular alcohol, but they have the buying power to enable them to stock more boutique and unusual items. aka: imported beer (craft, small European brews etc), fine whiskey). If you visit their site, it gives their distributors, so hopefully, there's one nearby or one who is happy to ship at a fair price. :D

20. rpsawin

rpsawin Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sean,

This looks great and so far I have experienced no issues, Congrats!

Bob

21. OP
    OP
    Sean

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Thanks will have a look..

22. fiddle

fiddle Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Looking good Sean.. Thank you.

23. ozphoto

ozphoto Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Loving the site, Sean! A couple of things I've noticed as I've been wandering around:

1. I noticed in the Comments section, that the layout is different from the forums - is this intentional? Comments seem to sit rather tightly against the avatar.
    2. The Alerts are working great, but how do I clear them from the dropdown? I'm getting quite the collection of read alerts, and for some crazy reason, I thought they disappeared on APUG once I'd read them?
    Shall keep wandering and noting anything that I pick up, but so far, looks like you've ironed out lots of the bugs even before going live. :smile:

24. Patrick Robert James

Patrick Robert James Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format Pan
    No problems or criticisms at all from me. Everything appears to be an upgrade, and I am diggin' the new font! Everything seems all around much clearer and cleaner. I am really impressed. You've done a hell of a job!

Thanks Sean.

25. Oxleyroad

Oxleyroad Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Whoo hoo we are all back again. Thanks Sean and everyone behind the scenes.

26. Photo Engineer

Photo Engineer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It will not come back! :wink:

PE