PHOTRIO is now live: feedback, bug reports & feature requests in this thread.

Discussion in 'System Announcements' started by Sean, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Sean

Sean Admin Staff Member Admin

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Hi All,

We're back, but still a LOT of work to do. Please take this into account while using PHOTRIO for the next week or so. Take a deep breath with us as we move on to the tweaking and honing phase. There is no need to panic, get upset or 'rage quit' over any bugs or features that can be repaired or reworked. Things will vastly improve and we're working around the clock. The current forum category structure is a rough draft and will be updated a lot over the coming weeks. I'll be asking for the community to help direct the tree structure and add any new forums you want.

For a guide on new features and how to use PHOTRIO please CLICK HERE.

I will document known issues and current "Tweak List" below. Thank you all for your patience and support during this time. Some of the unsung heros of this migration:

My APUG Team
    A community willing to put their trust in me and this new direction. Amazing.
    My truly talented coder and friend Clement
    My family
    My PHOTRIO testers
    All those who have donated to help with development costs, which have been ongoing for months and quite high. Your donations are immensely appreciated. To those excited about the potential of PHOTRIO and glad to be here, a subscription or donation towards development costs would be extremely helpful. Paypal address: sean@photrio.com and additional options here: Support Us! Thank you!

Please read through known issues before submitting a bug report:

CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES

FIXED-Mail is not routing -investigating
    FIXED-Redirect issues with old apug links to photrio
    FIXED-opengraph social sharing image of photrio logo not working
    FIXED-Some SSL bugs may show up throughout the site such as broken image links (looks ok)
    -Need to redirect DPUG in progress..
    -Forum category tree is in major need of re-adjustment, I will use community feedback to develop it
    This is being discussed in detail here: https://www.photrio.com/forum/index...ucturing-the-photrio-forum-categories.153073/
    -dpug images and some data did not transfer, it will be available soon for those who need it.
    -Gallery categories may also need some work in re-organising
    -The likelihood that people will mispost content in the wrong areas could be high, so I am installing a system
    that removes reported content into a moderation cue if it's reported a certain amount of times
    -There may be traces of "APUG" wording throughout the site
    -May be some forum and user permission issues, but so far looks ok

FIXES AND WORK IN PROGRESS

-
    Keep enhancing forum category layout
    DONE-Update subscribers who subscribed during migration
    DONE-Google webmaster account updates
    DONE-Adjust gallery upload limit permissions
    -Do a site performance test and tweaks
    -Fix not active/active (upgrade user ess)

Socials finish of
    -fbook page
    -linkedin
    -instagram
    -twitter
    DONE-Rebuild sitemap

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  2. Molli

Molli Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Good morning, Photrio! Welcome to the world! Today is your birth day, are you excited?! :D

3. OP
    OP
    Sean

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:

4. Molli

Molli Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Sean, it looks amazing! I think you should be immensely proud of what you've achieved here as well as of what you've created over the past fifteen years. That level of dedication and persistence is particularly rare to find in the ethereal world of the Internet. To have drawn in and held together such a diverse and HUGE group of people shows an astounding level of creativity, care and patience!

Thank you for this community and for creating such an incredible space for it to exist within. I'm sure everyone will be understanding of the fact that brand new babies do not start running in their first week of existence and will extend their kindness and patience in return for the many years you've extended those qualities to us.

What an astonishingly grand thing you've wrought.... now go down a case of scotch and have yourself a good long sleep! :D

5. ozphoto

ozphoto Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    I know it's been a big day for Sean today - been assisting with the some of testing (along with Molli) and he's been at it non-stop!! Molli has said it all in her post, not a lot I can add, except that it has come together entirely as I expected when he first floated the idea of the merger.

For the APUG-only members - you'll not see any difference if you untick the relevant boxes at the very top. For everyone else - I think you'll find it an incredibly easy site to navigate between analog, digital & hybrid work.

Molli, I'll be in on the case of scotch celebration for the Photrio Launch - feel free to join me. Oh and Happy Birthday!!

6. Molli

Molli Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    The seamlessness of transitioning between Analogue Only and including/excluding other processes actually surprised me. I'm so impressed with how Sean's idea has come together (not to mention the incredible amount of work he's put in to make the implementation seem so effortless!) I honestly didn't expect how elegant the solution would be to merge the three processes and, as far as I can see, cater to everyone's sensibilities at the same time.

You are absolutely right, Nanette, we can't have Sean doing all of the heavy lifting....we really should give him some help with that case of scotch, shouldn't we? :whistling:

7. ozphoto

ozphoto Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Think this superb drop will suit us all!:wink:

[​IMG]

8. pbromaghin

pbromaghin Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    WOOHOO!

9. OP
    OP
    Sean

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Thanks so much for the nice posts Molli and Oz, a big help with the testing! :smile:

10. OP
    OP
    Sean

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Ok, we're up but I have some redirecting issues from APUG. Always the way.. you test something, it works, you implement and 'why isn't it working?'. Hope to have that fixed soon.

11. andreabg

andreabg Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Wow !!!
    Great job Sean

First impression: easy to use
    I know what nightmare a migration is !!!

Thanks
    Andrea

12. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Groups:
    Hello Sean

Some of the personal messages that were posted in the transition period aren't accessible. I assume they can be brought back and they're not lost, right?

13. pbromaghin

pbromaghin Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Enhancement request for the gallery:

When viewing a certain photographers photos, it would be nice to be able to go through that person's photos by clicking the right or left arrow. Now it goes to the next or previous photo in the gallery. This was available before the previous upgrade and would be nice to have now.

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. Molli

Molli Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Woohoo, indeed!
    IMG_20170818_065529.jpg

I was getting lonely! :D

IMG_20170818_065656.jpg

16. bsdunek

bsdunek Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for all the work! Now I can, again, get my daily APUG fix.

17. Photo Engineer

Photo Engineer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Very nice work Sean. Having written millions of lines of code, I know what you went through.

Best wishes.

Ron

18. bsdunek

bsdunek Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I had to look that up - never seen it before. Sounds really great, and from such a small distillery it should have real attention to the process.

19. OP
    OP
    Sean

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    I would try getting there and copying anything you need. I probably should have shut down PMs but overlooked that. here is a direct link but if it fails to work i can get you back in later: http://www.apug.org/forum/index.php?conversations/

20. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well,. aside of some font change all looks as I'm used.
    What pleases me...

Just enabled in addition "digital" (just for the test, of course...) and the indication af analog and digital threads is well done.

But we lost our beloved "question mark". I guess that is a hint to us to finally get decisive and out of our comfort zone and install some avatar...

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  21. Molli

Molli Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Just to let you know, I was getting email notifications for new posts to created/contributed to threads during the testing phase, but none since the forum's been open for business.

Also, I know you're still working hard on the redirects (Two MILLION posts to deal with... Oucccchhhhh!) but, as yet, clicking bookmarks I've made in my browser still takes me to APUG. I tried doing my own "find and replace" on one of them and, though I did wind up on PHOTRIO, I was taken to an entirely different thread.

Did I mention I don't envy you and, also, just WOW! Still amazed and astounded with all the work that you've done!

22. faberryman

faberryman Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Everything looks great. A masterful job. I know there is a weight off your shoulders now, Sean. I think everyone who is not a subscriber should jump on-board. This was obviously a stressful, time-consuming and expensive transition. Sean deserves more than a pat on the back.

23. OP
    OP
    Sean

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Thanks guys, will look into these issues as they come in. Strange that the mail stopped routing, looking into it now..

24. Carriage

Carriage Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I've got a pretty minor bug. You used to be able to go from apug.org/forums or apug.org/forum to get straight to the forums. Both redirect but apug.org/forums doesn't smartly take you to photrio.com/forum like apug used to.

25. OP
    OP
    Sean

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    ah right, will check that..

26. Mick Fagan

Mick Fagan Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Looking wonderful, congratulations Sean and many thanks to the support test team.

Molli, will have to get you some hot chocolate to celebrate with, goes well with some scotch dribbled in; they tell me. :laugh:

Mick.