Darkroom Portraits (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by Sean, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Trond

Trond Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Looks like a very workable darkroom. Nice enlargers too!

Trond

2. Luminousoctaves

Luminousoctaves Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Tack Trond! I see you also use the Focomat IIc, which version do you have?

3. Trond

Trond Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    It's an early black one, and it had the Focotar 95mm. I had it converted to use Schneider lenses by Kienzle two years ago. Very happy with it!

Trond

4. Luminousoctaves

Luminousoctaves Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Wow, I've read about that possibility, not cheap I guess!

5. Luis-F-S

Luis-F-S Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Great use of the space! Vast improvement over your previous darkroom. Love the sink over the washer/dryer!

6. ciennepi

ciennepi Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have find the time to descibe my temporary darkroom. I set up in my bathroom (we have two so the wife don't grumble) and can stay installed all the day long.
    The window is covered with lightproof cloth, the enlarger (a wery old but in like new condition Durst U70) is set on a rolled cabinet with a rotating shelf on the right on wich there are the first and second fixer tray.
    The developer and stop tray are in the bathtub. Inside the cabinet I have tray, paper and other darkroom accessories.
    On the cabinet top you can see my Scoponet grain focuser and my Beseler Analite 400 darkroom meter.
    To set up the darkroom it took me about 15 minutes and about 30 minutes to dismantle all (there are all the tray to empty and clean)
    Here I can print the negative from 35mm to 6x6 or 6x7 (Nikon Fe, Hasselblad 500CM and Mamiya RB67 ProS) up to 40x50 cm print dimension.
    I hope that when I will buy a new home I can build a permanent one for a very bigger enlarger that I purchased a few mounth ago (a Durst Laborator 138S) but for now this is my sweet refuge.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. jhonmaria45

jhonmaria45 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    hi! I need some advice for a total darkroom

8. ratmandu

ratmandu Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Just finally got my own darkroom set up. It's in a weird attic space that has no windows. Has no running water either, but I'm making do so far.
    Found these awesome dispenser bottles at walmart for <$5 each which are great for storing chems between sessions and make it easy to dispense out into my trays.
    IMG_20161114_154250.jpg

On the other side of the room, I have some wire shelving up on the wall to put prints on to dry.
    The bulb over there will fog paper if it's close, but after 15 minutes with it on and paper out where the trays sit, I get nothing (quarter test). It's at least helpful so I don't trip over the box above the stairs (bottom left) while I transport prints to dry.
    IMG_20161114_154259.jpg

9. Neal

Neal Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Dear ratmandu,

A really nice space. Much nicer than I have ever had (although my water access has been better). Only one question. What are you saving that CRT for? ;-)

Neal Wydra

10. frank

frank Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format

11. ratmandu

ratmandu Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hah, not really saving it for anything, just too lazy to drag it down the stairs at this point.

12. peterwith

peterwith Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Wao, you guys are amazing, we maybe have no idea of Dark Room in Vietnam. It's maybe because of the structure of the house or you guys did it for some reasons. But it's amazing.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

13. Martyn L

Martyn L Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  14. Sponsored Ad
  15. choiliefan

choiliefan Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    You really should post you pics here or to a readily viewable site. I have absolutely no desire to sign up to another site I'll never visit again... cookies and all.

16. Martyn L

Martyn L Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    UHHH its not a website
    its a spark page I created of my darkroom build no need to sign up ?

17. choiliefan

choiliefan Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have neither FB or Google accounts. I may be missing something obvious though. Forest for the trees thing.

18. Molli

Molli Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Hi Martyn,
    Welcome to APUG! :smile: I'm afraid I, too, got redirected to a log in page. Perhaps if you sign out of Spark and get the link to your images from "outside" the site? Hmm, sorry, poorly explained, but I hope you can figure out what I mean. I've never used Spark before so I don't know my way around, I just know that some pages have different web addresses if you're signed in than when you're not.
    Here's the page I got and which choiliefan probably got also.
    Adobe Spark Login Redirect.jpg
    If you're having trouble uploading images directly to this thread, I'd be happy to give you access to my Photobucket account? The only action it's seen in the past decade has been when I've "loaned it out" to another APUGger to use here, so don't hesitate to yell if you'd like to use it.

19. Martyn L

Martyn L Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Sorry guys .....now I can see the problem.
    I have fixed the link on the previous post so it should be right there and here. https://spark.adobe.com/page/BczutY16dOwbt/

I should have checked before I posted ....once again apologies.

20. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    What a nice darkroom, and a great presentation as well!

21. JPJackson

JPJackson Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Large Format
    +1
    Beautiful work space!

22. pbromaghin

pbromaghin Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My gawd. Incredible attention to detail in your design, layout, and equipment. Fantastic work.

23. choiliefan

choiliefan Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

24. Ai Print

Ai Print Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Very nice build Martyn L!!

I'm super excited to start my build, closed on the house about three weeks ago, just finished the interior painting, walls, ceiling, floor and enlarger cove.

It's a bit over 450 square feet of usable space, ceilings are 8' foot 7" and the enlarger cove is about 14' feet wide so it will have an LPL4550 XLG on the left and right side, right side will be wall mounted with custom drop table and in the center will be an easily stowed wall mounted / horizontally oriented geared 4x5 camera converted to a mural enlarger. I have 15 feet of stainless steel sinks going in the wet side along a 33' foot wall but it will all be knit together to form about 22' feet of wet workflow area for a specially designed mural paper processing system. I am adding grey-blue vinyl baseboard this weekend, painting the can light trims "Jobo Red", might stencil sprocket holes along the edge of the grey paint for a fun effect.

Lots of things to do, plumbing re-route, drain, silver recovery, ventilation....

It's taken 12 years this month to get here, but finally, this next chapter of my career gets to be fully realized. D_room.jpg D_room2.jpg

25. Bob Carnie

Bob Carnie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    really nice space

26. grahamp

grahamp Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    [Ai Print] 450 sq. ft.? That's over a third of the size of our house :cool: And you don't want to know what that size apartment goes for in San Francisco.

It's a really nice space. You are going to have fun.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.