What's your latest new old camera ? (Part 2)

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by David A. Goldfarb, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Kino

Kino Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Just spent the better part of 4 hours cleaning up a Geiss-modified Argus C4 I found yesterday. It was filthy, the lens was mounted incorrectly (slightly bending the mount) and the shutter was locked-up, but now it seems to be fully functional. It took about 30 Q-tips, naphtha, alcohol and canned air, but it appears to be firing normally now. The lens mount took some gentle pressure to realign and the lens to rangefinder gearing had to be cleaned free of gunk with a brush and naphtha to mesh properly.

Funny, I had never heard of the Geiss-modified C4 and when I saw it in the junk store bin, I thought someone had wrenched the lens off! After picking it up, I realized I had something unusual. Too bad the lens on it was just a 50mm Cintar, but that gives me a reason to troll fleabay and search for other lenses! :wink:

Kinda like this beastie; might turn out to be a favorite camera.

IMG_2034.JPG IMG_2035.JPG

2. Redwinds

Redwinds Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I happened upon a very good condition minolta x-700 with a vivitar auto thyristor 3700 flash, the auto winder, a tripod that still worked, a 50mm lense(cant remember the exact ones at work), a promaster teleconverter, a kiron macro lense ,and an old bag that was in amazing condition other than its strap.

I went through and did a check up and everything worked aside from the kiron lens. It appears to have had a screw mounted into the side to lock it.

Attached Files:

3. R.Gould

R.Gould Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Just got a Zorki with the induster folding -22 lens and a fed 2 with a jupiter 8 both near mint, hopefully should take good photos
    Richard

4. k.hendrik

k.hendrik Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well it ain't a 35 but a 127 :smile: a Kodak Brownie 127 bakelite including a metall 127 spool !! E 7.50 at a secondhand dump. Shutter works smooth so tomorrow some film tru this gem.

5. Disconnekt

Disconnekt Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    Latest buy? A Kalimar K-90 TTL 1000 (K-mount)

6. lobitar

lobitar Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Nice find. The x-700 is a very usable, even fancy camera. I happened to find a almost-like-new x-300 with the original Minolta 35-70 zoom day before yesterday for ten quids. Works very well. By the way the Kiron Macro is reputed to be one of the best. But yours seems to be a Macro Zoom, another tale perhaps.

7. aoresteen

aoresteen Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just bought a 1961ish Kodak UK 127 Brownie off of eBay. My dad bought me one back around 1962/63. I have no idea what happened to mine but I still have a bunch of 127 negatives from it in my files.

Thought I'd get one to display as it was my first camera.

8. Pentode

Pentode Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My father, at 80 years old, decided last week that it’s pretty unlikely he’ll ever shoot film again (he’s had a little digital p&s for years) so he gave me his beloved Minolta SRT-101; the camera that started me on Minoltas in the early 90s.

The kit includes:
    SRT-101 in mostly good shape
    Rokkor MC 50mm f/1.7
    Soligor (Tokina) 28mm f/2.8
    Soligor (Tokina) 135mm f/2.8
    Two inexpensive zooms that I gave him in the mid 1990s (and still don’t really want)
    A Sunpak flash and sync cord
    A spare 176 mercury cell - still working!

All of the gear, aside from the zooms, was purchased in 1971 and is in almost perfect working order; a bit shocking considering it’s just been sitting for at least 15 years. The shutter speeds sound right and the meter seems accurate (with that 15-year-old battery). The only issue I could find is that the aperture preview button doesn’t seem to work. All lenses are clear and aperture blades responsive.

This is the camera that was in the house when I was a kid and recorded all the family vacations and events. I can’t wait to put some film through it!

9. Theo Sulphate

Theo Sulphate Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Is the shutter cocked when you try that?

10. Pentode

Pentode Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I learned something today! Thanks, Theo!
    What's interesting is that my SRT-202, which I've had for over 20 years, doesn't require the shutter to be cocked in order for the aperture preview to work.
    I knew there were some minor differences between these models but that one had escaped me.

11. paulbarden

paulbarden Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    A Kodak Retina 1, type 118!
    CFF192CF-53C1-482E-9454-01679725E983.jpeg

12. charlemagne

charlemagne Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    At the bottom of a dusty cardboard box in a dark corner of my father's garage I found an "Ica" from Dresden, Germany.
    I couldn't find any film holders (it seems to be 9x12cm), but I took it home to have a good look at it.
    Looks beautiful. Shutter seems to work perfectly.

I tried to upload an photo of the camera but my ipad-images are too big, for crying out loud...! Sigh
    Well, the model is "Ideal 225", it has a Tessar 13,5 cm 1:4,5 Zeiss Jena lens, and it's black.

13. charlemagne

charlemagne Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm thinking whether it is usable or not. I guess the lens needs a little cleaning and I need to find some 9x12cm filmholders that will fit the back of this camera

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. Kino

Kino Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Nice! Is that the original box in the background !?!

16. OptiKen

OptiKen Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Seagull 203
    s-l1600.jpg

It's out getting the rangefinder adjusted right now. Can't wait to try it out.

Ken

17. paulbarden

paulbarden Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    In fact, it is!

18. lobitar

lobitar Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Another happy find! It's a high-quality camera, and expensive in its day. But still not at all uncommon, at least not here in Denmark. It's very usable, even has interchangeable lenses in most cases. The problem is the film-holders, that are hard to find, at expecially hard to find in nice condition - most are somewhat rusty. Almost impossible to find roll-film holders for this particular camera. The cassettes are called 'snap-on' (anlege-kassetten in german), but you may be able to use the more common film-holders, like the ones the Voigtlander Avus uses. Happy shooting!

19. John Earley

John Earley Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've been on a roll lately. I purchased an extremely nice B&J 5x7 Commercial View camera that must've been very well cared for. I also bought, for a token fee, a mint Nikon F5 that the owner wanted to pass on to some who would use, appreciate and care for it. Then, unexpectedly I found a near mint F100 for cheap from someone who wanted a quick sale. In addition I located a Nikon F with eye level viewfinder in excellent shape at a very reasonable price to replace the one someone convinced me to sell.

I hope I can get the garage insulation work done soon as it's a bit cold out there at night.

20. Arthurwg

Arthurwg Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Just purchased a post-war Zeiss Ikon Super ikonta C 6x9 camera. I had one in the past and never should have sold it. Worked perfectly, light weight, easy to carry. I've been wanting a 6x9 for a while. Should arrive e soon.

21. OptiKen

OptiKen Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Kodak A.G. Vollenda Radionar f:3.5 F=5cm
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

22. Wow. What shutter does yours have? Postwar, that means you might have the Synchro Compur, and most likely with the coated lens. Very cool. Please share your photos with us once you've had a chance to shoot with it.

23. LambentTyto

LambentTyto Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    So I'm a first time owner of 35mm SLRs. I actually got three for $200 and an old laptop. Olympus Pen FT with an extra lens (E Zuiko Auto T 1:4 150mm), a Pantax MX and a Konica FS-1.

[​IMG]

24. Kino

Kino Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Instant camera collection, and they are all good performers! Nice!

25. macfred

macfred Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The Pen FT is such a nice cam (though I would prefer the unmetered F or FV for their bright finder)!
    A few weeks ago I was lusting for an almost minty Pen FV with a 40mm f/1.4 but I stopped bidding - it goes for 220,- Euro :wondering:.

26. LambentTyto

LambentTyto Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    I'm actually moving to Europe soon. I hope film isn't too hard to come by in Italy, but I suppose I can order online.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.