what is the last thing you developed or printed

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by jnanian, Sep 2, 2014.

1. BMbikerider

BMbikerider Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    last night it was 2 12x16 colour prints on Kodak RA4. (I buy it on the roll) After half a dozen test strip prints the actual prints cam out just as I wanted.

Watch this space. Tonight it will be B&W night, to try out my newly acquired Rodagon 80mm lens. Foma 100 film, Ilford RC Pearl and Multigrade developer.

2. nosmok

nosmok Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Some shots from Anza-Borrego State Park, on re-rolled and vintage 828 film, shot with my modified Kodak Flash Bantam. So many ways to go wrong, yet some of them are just astonishing (played around with filters too!)

3. Alicouscous

Alicouscous Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I've just developped an efke KB100 35mm in Beutler 1+1+8 = 15 minutes
    It looks nice . I'll scan tomorrow .

4. mvs

mvs Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    6313825146_07b23a8d1e_z.jpg

I finally got my own enlarger, LPL 6700 VCCE, and printed a few old negs -- it's a great machine!

5. nusproizvodjac

nusproizvodjac Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Four rolls after, l'm really in love with my Maxxum 35-105mm Macro lens, so much so that l haven't been using any other lens for a while. Sharp, contrasty, and with amazing colors! Both photos were taken with that lens, on Fuji C200 film.
    Also, l've tried Kodak Retina for the first time, after cleaning and lubricating the rangefinder, since it was sticking. One problem though was that a tiny thread from the bellows is there on all of my photos, but there are no light-leaks, so l just edit it out in post if l need to. l was amazed at how crisp and contrasty the photos turned out. Also taken on C200.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was really disappointed with how my b&w negs turned out after developing them in Fomadon LQN, seems to me that it's a very low accutance developer, and also gives out low-ish contrast, even though l've used the same agitation pattern, at 1+10 dilution, rather than 1+14, and my photos seemed ''unsharp'' that l ended up blaming my lens for no good reason. Next time, l'll get Xtol, and see what happens there. Sorry for spamming with such a long post! :whistling:

6. OP
    OP
    jnanian

jnanian Advertiser Advertiser
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    hybrid negative cyanotypes

7. Arklatexian

Arklatexian Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Last of the two times that I have been in that area was in 1946. Both times were in 1946. There was no State Park there at that time and you could still see tank tracks in the sand where the U.S. Army trained for desert warfare during WW2. We drove from San Diego, over the mountains through the town of Julian to get there. I was in High School and remember those trips fondly. No pictures though.......Regards!

8. RalphLambrecht

RalphLambrecht Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    paper negatives, getting ready for an adult darkroom class.

9. bobsteele

bobsteele Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    Three rolls of film, 2x35mm and 1x120 and maybe about 5 usable frames out of the whole lot. I'm working through a backlog of old film, some mine some my sisters, and its hella frustrating to try to relearn winding on the I used do do it so easily and well and get nothing as in nothing on the negs because ?? I'm thinking my sister just popped the film into the camera, then wound it back. It's all good though. I love the smell of the chemistry, and even the meh moments are enjoyable.

10. Martin Rickards

Martin Rickards Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    A reel of FP4+ 135 in Foma R09 (Rodinal copy) 1:50, 16 mins. Waiting for it to dry.

11. nusproizvodjac

nusproizvodjac Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    Agfa XR100I expired in 1989, shot at ISO25 in Yashica Electro 35 GSN. No tripod, no release cable, l've stabilized the camera by holding it firmly against a lamppost, wall or similar, and then l'd activate the self timer, and let the camera do it's magic!
    100022030012.jpg 100022030019.jpg 100022030009.jpg 100022030015.jpg 100022030024.jpg

12. RalphLambrecht

RalphLambrecht Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I successfully made some paper negatives with my 4x5 and contact printed them to positives over the last three days; thinking of setting it up in the pedestrian zone downtown Cologne in a few weeks to celebrate 200 years of photography.

13. Pentode

Pentode Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Two 135-36 rolls of Foma 100 in D-76 1:1. One shot in lower Manhattan and one mostly of the NY Central railroad pier at around 68th St and the Hudson River.

The roll prior was a 15 exposure test roll I spooled off of a 100' roll of Ansco Finopan from 1945. Originally rated somewhere around ISO 32, I tested exposures at 32, 25 and 16 knowing that the whole roll could be fogged beyond usefulness. I got it cheap and took a chance....

It worked! Not as much fog as I expected and it looks like ISO 12 will be the way to go. HC-110 solution B for 5:00.

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. Gabo Barreto

Gabo Barreto Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Arista Premium 400 (Tri-X) expired 2014 in Xtol 1+1 for 9.5min.

First and last time I'm going to use a squeegee.. most of the roll ended up scratched.

Here is one of the few that survived. Taken yesterday with an Olympus OM-10 during the 3rd stage of the Tour de Yorkshire

tour de yorkshire.jpg

16. mooseontheloose

mooseontheloose Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Had a big darkroom session yesterday and got my postcards done for the last exchange and the next one (about 60 cards done in total). Unfortunately I ran out of my regular paper (Fujibro AM) which I have used for the past 8 years for the exchange (and all contact/work prints) so I definitely need to stock up on something new, which I will have to import to Japan, since the prices for Ilford papers (and chemicals) here is insane.

17. Oren Grad

Oren Grad Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Developed a couple of rolls of 120 Tri-X this evening, in DD-X. First two rolls through a nice Yashica-Mat that I picked up a while back, just some snapshots around the neighborhood. The negatives looked pretty good coming off the reels, will take a closer look tomorrow.

18. Pentode

Pentode Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Developed my first roll of Ilford P4 Surveillance that I loaded from a 150’ spool.

Nice stuff! Rodinal 1+50 for 14 minutes at 68 degrees. EI400.

The first few frames are badly fogged, but I’m pretty sure that was a cassette loading error and had nothing to do with processing.

It’s a good thing I like the look of this film since that 150’ spool yielded almost 30 rolls! I’ll try it at EI1600 next.

19. Helios 1984

Helios 1984 Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    Tmax 100 in SP-110EC dilution B for 5:45 at 21c and 7:00 at 18c. Love this juice, I’ll try to use the whole bottle during the summer and order more or buy a jug of real HC110.

20. Pentode

Pentode Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    One 135-24 roll of Orwo N74+ shot at EI400 and stewed in D-76 1:1 about two hours ago.

21. pdeeh

pdeeh Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've made a few 6x6 contacts on Namias' papier sepia, trying to get back into the swing of making again. They're still in the wash 'cause I fill'n'dump over a couple of days. I even took some snaps today. Wonders will never cease.

22. GLS

GLS Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Fuji Acros 100 in Pyrocat HD, 1:1:100, 21.5 C, 14 mins, minimal agitation. Shot with Pentax 6x7 MLU and the SMC 55mm f4.

[​IMG]

23. DoryBreaux

DoryBreaux Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Delta 100003.jpg
    Death Valley
    Mamiya 645Super, 80mm f2.8 lens. Delta 100@100, DDX, cropped in PS.

24. nusproizvodjac

nusproizvodjac Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    Minolta Dynax 700si - Maxxum 35-105mm - Fuji C200.
    This steam engine was used after the WWII for the president Tito's ''Blue train''.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. pdeeh

pdeeh Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Been trying different plants for toning cyanotypes.

This week, a decoction of Ragwort (Senecio jacobaea). Native to and common in Europe, introduced in a few places in the USA.

Produces interesting colour ranging from a slight deep (can something be slight and deep? In my house, yes.) sort-of turquoise, to a rich dark green-blue, more the former than the latter, depending on age, dilution & time.

Freshly made, and used neat, it bleaches as well as tones.

Ragwort is interesting stuff, jammed with a variety of toxic alkaloids, so please, if you try this, don't go "Hmm I wonder what that tastes like?".

26. Lucid

Lucid Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    This is a photo from this past Sunday. I plan to produce an 8x10 print as the negative scan I find doesn't give the most representative translation of the information contained in the negative. I'm sure with more effort in my scan settings I could get more information out of it, but alas I did not have enough time to do so.

This was taken on a role of Kodak Tri-X 400 35mm. I used a Hoya K2 (yellow) filter so I dropped to 200 and developed at 400. I use an LPL C7700 and I find it doesn't have the grunt to print dense negatives in reasonable time, so I am working to lower the contrast in the negative by reducing developing time. With that in mind I developed in D-76 concentrate which has sat for about a week, then mixed 1:1 with water about 1 hour before processing. Working solution temperature was 22C. Kodak recommended a development time of 8:30, but as I am experimenting to flatten out my negatives, I dropped to 8:00.

I used 500ml of working solution in a JOBO 1530 with two spare empty reels loaded to prevent any creep of the spiral out of the solution, as well as to aid mixing of the solution. Five inversions were given at the start followed by 3 inversions over 5 seconds at an interval of 25 seconds. Stop was Kodak Indicator Stop at 1:63 with constant agitation for 30 seconds. Ilford Rapid Fix was used at 1:4 with constant agitation for the first 30 seconds, followed by 3 inversions over 5 seconds at an interval of 25 seconds, with a total time in solution of 2:30. No hypo stage. Film was then washed for 10 minutes of running water at about 19C.

The resulting contrast of the negative appears to my eye as closer to what I am after. Still, I'll be back out this weekend with another couple rolls to continue tweaking. Any advice or feedback would be more than welcome.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.