Postcard Exchange Round 33 Comments and Feedback

Discussion in 'Postcard Exchange' started by George Nova Scotia, Oct 3, 2014.

1. kraker

kraker Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sorry to say you weren't on my address list; thanks for checking anyway. Mystery not yet solved.

I did receive your card, though, which can only be explained if you signed up for ALL.
    A beautiful photo on great near-matte paper, depicting a rainy night in Nara (or is that Nava?) from Rachelle. Great how you got the exposure right, enough detail in the dark parts and yet the gazebo is not too light. Thanks!

2. OP
    OP
    George Nova Scotia

George Nova Scotia Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    kraker, at least one of your cards has made it to Canada. The colorful Umbrellas brightened up my day.

Sadly my cards for round 33 have yet to take flight - but they will, soon I hope. I've had to sit out round 34 which makes me even more sad.

George

3. mooseontheloose

mooseontheloose Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You're right. I'm so used to knowing who I'll be getting cards from (in theory) that it's strange to hear about nice cards that go out to others but don't come my way. The "ALL" option is a bit confusing that way, which is why I won't be doing it again.

4. mike c

mike c Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Pelo 78 card today, Lucca, Italy what a great place for photography it must be. The front facade of this particular building is just filled with arches and columns with minute detail.

5. kraker

kraker Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    George, thanks for at least one confirmed successful postal transfer :smile:
    (Make that two, in the middle of the stack of cards was one addressed to myself, and I received that two days after posting.)

Rachelle,

The confusion is mutual; strange to see cards coming my way for which I have not sent one or do not have to send one in return. The "ALL" option will continue to confuse me for some postcard exchange rounds to come, I'm afraid :smile:

6. ajmiller

ajmiller Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thought I'd better give some feedback, apologie3s for not doing it sooner.
    In no particular order....

Pelo78 - received today, fabulous image and print. I can see why it's a favourite place. I'm so pleased to have this and it's on my wall as I write.
    Dennis B 'rince' - beautiful image and print.
    James O'Gara/ jimo - very funny and the guy on the right makes me think of Lee Friendlander...great!
    Eugene/ Anikin - that's something we don't see round these parts, great 'slice of life' image and entertaining story
    hwv - interesting composition and different take on a familiar scene - usually meant I was on my way home when I emerged from the subway when I lived in the city.
    Mark Sauerwald - great detail and printing which suits the subject well.
    Bert Kuijer/ The Toad Men - magical image, everything goes well together and those clouds......great!
    Hawkeye - classy shot, classy print - another that's on my wall.

I think that's it for the one's I've received so thanks to everyone.

7. drpsilver

drpsilver Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    06 Feb 2015

Over the past 4 weeks several cards have made their way to my mailbox. Following are my comments not in a particular order (how they are stacked next to the computer).

The card from Wayne Frederick is nicely composed and printed. One of the neatest aspect of the photo is the size. I have not seen a negative of this aspect ration in many years. How cool that you modified the camera to use 120 roll film. Nicely done.
    The print from pilami is very interesting, and at some level disturbing. I am not accustomed to seeing two portraits in a single image. It is well done, and more special because of the relationship between the subjects. Good luck with the wet plate process.
    The image from JimO made me laugh when it arrived. If this is any indication you must have had fun at Legoland.
    Well done rst! I really like the creativity in this image. All familiar things with a new twist.
    Kraker your colorful image of umbrellas made it to Los Altos. I really like this kind of art installations. A similar piece was installed in North Beach region of San Francisco several years ago except the artist used books. Thank you for providing some color to this round.
    The image from mooseontheloose is quotes striking. I am immediately struck by the contrast and detail. There is a lot to find in this image. Well done.
    The detail in the photo from Pelo78 is amazing. It is astounding that these building were built in the 1600's and are still in use today.

Thanks to all for some great images.

Regards,
    Darwin

8. mooseontheloose

mooseontheloose Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Two cards arrived today, both wonderful shots of the (natural) world: Wayne Frederick's "Persian Towers" looks a bit solarized to me, but maybe it's the sculpture itself. Also, I think for this round, but possibly #34, from Pelo78, the beautiful Yosemite Falls. Definitely a place I would love to visit someday.

Thanks guys!

9. drpsilver

drpsilver Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    08 Feb 2015

Rachelle:

Yosemite National Park is a "photographers paradise". Lost of great possibilities everywhere. Fortunately I live a 4 to 5 hour drive from this magnificent place. If possible you should visit.

Regards,
    Darwin

10. jvo

jvo Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    2 more...

from kraker, "roadside emergency kit", complete and well-stocked... (wouldn't last a fortnight here in the colonies!)
    and rachelle, "rainy night...", very evocative and well done.

thanks to you both.

jvo:smile:

11. adelorenzo

adelorenzo Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Just going through my round 34 cards and I found the one from Wayne Frederick. What a cool camera, that long negative is great and I just love the detail in the sculpture. One of my favourite cards so far in any exchange.

12. adelorenzo

adelorenzo Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Also, I just found Speed Gray's card. I'm so stoked to get this card, your first print since 1967. It's a doozy, great subject and the tonality of the print is perfect. Welcome back!