Latest member
coralluxurycleaning
Recent bookmarks

Philippe-Georges

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
BOS 3.JPG

Linhof Technorama 617 II + Super-Angulon 90mm on Tri-X @ 1600ASA in X-Tol 1+1, wet scanned on Epson 750

mtnbkr

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Hunting Camp at Dawn. Camera is Canon FT with FL 28/3.5 and film is Fuji Superia 400. Developed/scanned by The Darkroom.

Camp.jpg

Chris

glbeas

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Fiery Gizzard Creek. Nikon fm2n, most likely the series e 28/2.8, fp4+ from some years back.

i-V6kvVtP-XL.jpg

Cool, used to know a landowner there and went caving on his property as well as Catacomb and Bible Springs on the roadside. Where on the creek is this?

Jon Buffington

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
I love this! 😍
Thank you kindly! I have extensively photographed this area over the past 16+ years and will share more from the area.

Cool, used to know a landowner there and went caving on his property as well as Catacomb and Bible Springs on the roadside. Where on the creek is this?
This is about a quarter mile down the trail head from the parking lot. I have photographed there so much that I began really slowing my walk down to a crawl looking for new compositions. This is a fun little spot on the creek with a lot of potential.

Jon Buffington

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
Another from further down the fiery gizzard trail, about 2 miles in at the Chimneys. Kentmere 100 film on a canon a1 back....probably the vivitar 28/2.5 or ssc 35/2. No anti halation layer on the k100 so blooming in full effect due to the backlight. I think it works here, or at least I like it.

i-dvVw6dn-XL.jpg

Philippe-Georges

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Schelde meersen, Gentbrugge, Belgium.
SCHELDEMEERSEN 09-2.JPG

Hasselblad 500C/M + Distagon C 50mm T* and K2, on Ilford HP5+ at box speed in FX-55 for 16min at 21°C, dry scanned on Epson 750.

Philippe-Georges

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
A question:
Why do my pictures I post here have a red-pinkish tone?
When I 'prepare' them in LRC, after scanning the negative, I warm the image tone a tad for some deepness, and it looks good, rather very slightly 'cold' low-key sepia but certainly not reddish-pinkish.
But when I see the same photograph again a while after its posted, like the last one now, it looks not good.
Please note, it happens a while after the posting, not in the preview nor in the next day, it takes some time, and not all of them, some do and other don't get the image tone 'changed', strange...
I use always the same computer, a Macbook Pro, the same platform and the screen thus, and always the same toning preset in LRC.

Philippe-Georges

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Young birches in the Gentbrugse Scheldemeersen (the marches along the river Escaut) Ghent (Gentbrugge), Flanders, Belgium.

SCHELDEMEERSEN 10-3.JPG

Hasselblad 500C/M + Distagon C 50mm T* and K2, on Ilford HP5+ at box speed in FX-55 for 16min at 21°C, dry scanned on Epson 750.

bernard_L

Shooter
Multi Format
Young birches in the Gentbrugse Scheldemeersen (the marches along the river Escaut) Ghent (Gentbrugge), Flanders, Belgium.
Nice composition, but my eyes want to peek into the dark foreground, and are frustrated by the absence of details there.
And the image tone, is that what you were referring to above? Indeed it looks reddish on my monitor as well.
A question:
Why do my pictures I post here have a red-pinkish tone?
Could it be something to do with color profiles? Like, you upload an image with a specific, slightly uncommon profile, that is mis-interpreted by the forum software? How about trying to upload in sRGB, just to be on the safe/dumb side? Just a hypothesis, of course, probably wrong.

GLS

Shooter
Multi Format
I really like this one. The colors. How it feels like a Celtic scared space. The mill stone is a perfect touch.

Thanks Stephen. It's a well known spot, and in some respects looks even better in full autumn colour. However then you wouldn't get the same contrast between the green and red/orange tones, so this is a somewhat different take.

Last edited:

Philippe-Georges

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Nice composition, but my eyes want to peek into the dark foreground, and are frustrated by the absence of details there.
And the image tone, is that what you were referring to above? Indeed it looks reddish on my monitor as well.

Could it be something to do with color profiles? Like, you upload an image with a specific, slightly uncommon profile, that is mis-interpreted by the forum software? How about trying to upload in sRGB, just to be on the safe/dumb side? Just a hypothesis, of course, probably wrong.

Thank you Bernard.

The foreground was dark, wet, muddy and full of decomposed leafs...
I found the contrast between "darkness" of the foreground an the 'whiteness' of the birches interesting.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom