Forte Polywarmtone

Discussion in '[Partner] ADOX' started by ADOX Fotoimpex, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Peter Schrager

Peter Schrager Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    No insult to Adox but I make great warmtone prints on Foma 131/132 paper. you do not have to wait one day to print on this paper as Freestyle has it in stock...use a warmtone developer with and tone in selenium after...it's not cheap either!
    it's not PW but neither is the paper they are going to come out with...it can't be the exact same paper...not now or ever
    best, Peter

2. Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Fomatone has a yellowish base. That makes it a poor substitute for Polywarmtone.

3. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I looked at Fomatone 131 as a replacement for Polywarmtone and bought a box, it's lovely paper but I agree with Vlad the yellowish base is not what I'm really after. I moved to Polywarmtone when Agfa ceased production of film and paper at that point Ilford Warmtone FB was on a creamier base and I found Polywarmtone to be even better than I'd expected. I still have some left but have now switched to Ilford Warmtone which is now on a whiter base.

Ian

4. Peter Schrager

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Ilford WT don't cut it for me...the surface looks like it's ferrotyped

5. Peter Schrager

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Foma may be a poor substitute for you but I can't wait another 8 years.. use available materials and keep foma alive in the meantime

6. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    ????
    The last statement on his Polywarmtone project is only 6 weeks old.

He stated that at the moment they were busy modifying their own production coater and finetuning its dryer for the coating of their CHS 100 II.
    They aim at a production run within this quarter. Once that has been done their production line should stand clear for tuning for the production of the Polywarmtione paper. In the meanwhile they have twice worked on a substitute for one of its elements.

7. bence8810

bence8810 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sorry - I meant their site. Maybe would be good to occasionally update that. Myself and many others have filled the form there committing to an initial order if and when the paper is out.

Ben

http://www.polywarmtone.com/Blog/English.html

8. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Keep in mind that all this is run by Mirko and likely he has better things to do than to update all various sites. That statement he made on his german forum.

9. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The Ilford Warntone FB prints I make don't look "Glazed" we use the term Ferrotype quite differently to mean "Tintype" :D

Maybe there;s a touch more gloss with an air dried print but it's not remotely close to a glazed FB print or the high gloss of Glossy RC paper.

Ian

10. Wayne

Wayne Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    The last statement on this thread was 12 weeks ago on October 13, the last statement on the blog and the facebook blog were in 2014. Where do you see a statement 6 weeks ago?

11. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The term "ferrotyping" is most ambiguous and puzzled me too:

(there was a url link here which no longer exists)

12. Peter Schrager

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I've made some nice prints on the 542. .overall I prefer the #131/132..haven't tried seagull yet but the coldtone is very nice almost a little warm
    Sorry don't mean to hijack thread..just wanted to people know there are options available now

13. Roger Cole

Roger Cole Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I like it myself but if it's too shiny for you have you tried the semi-matte version?

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. Hal Reiser

Hal Reiser Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    It’s been almost a year since Mirko’s last update on the Polywarmtone project and I was wondering if there was any progress to report.

16. Wayne

Wayne Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Its been over 3 years since the blog was updated. I've stopped being anxious and have given it up for lost, at least for the foreseeable future.

17. Wayne

Wayne Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Ektachrome will be back before Polywarmtone. Heck maybe Kodachrome too. Hello Adox, is this still in the works or can we stop hoping?

18. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The last statement by Mirko about Polywarmtone was on November 27th 2016. 6 weeks before I posted.
    And 1 1/2 years ago by now...

19. Wayne

Wayne Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I still dont know where you see that. His last post on this thread was in October 2016 though, so close enough, https://www.photrio.com/forum/threads/forte-polywarmtone.47483/page-10#post-1842460
    I hope they get past whatever roadblock they've run into. Preferably in my lifetime. :laugh:

20. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    His last statement was at his own forum, in German.

21. Lachlan Young

Lachlan Young Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Given that they're currently building a coating plant in Bad Saarow & working on getting the Ciba/ Ilfochrome test plant in Marly brought up to production coating quality, I'd suggest that availability of PWT will depend on when those plants are ready & Mirko is happy to proceed.

22. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Except for his building projects Mirko is following his projects to his own saying bit by bit and applying money and people wherever at that very moment it seems most benefitial for him.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.