What's your latest new old camera ? (Part 2)

Summer Dreaming

A
Summer Dreaming

It's Winter

A
It's Winter

Cottonwood II

A
Cottonwood II

Recent Classifieds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tachoknight
Recent bookmarks

ymc226

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
Just received this Kasse S rated as “mint” from the seller. There is a noticeable surface scratch on the front of the lens rim that somehow was not present on the EBay pics. Still a great example and I didn’t pay a mint price so no harm done. Currently have a color roll in so will test it out. Loving the size, weight and speed. Also the degree and simplicity of aperture and EV control is well thought out for a P&S. The focal length of 38 is also natural for me. Now I understand why so many love the 40mm focal length on the film Leica CL.

Attachments

• 6828825B-6C1F-40E5-957A-3012C74DA5B3.jpeg
    6828825B-6C1F-40E5-957A-3012C74DA5B3.jpeg
    666.1 KB · Views: 23

henryvk

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
Because I've been wanting a P&S camera and I have this irrational weakness for Ricoh's, I just bought a Ricoh AF-2 off the classifieds. Haven't received it yet, though. Not quite an L35AF but the Ricoh 4 -element lens should do alright at least and it takes 2 AA batteries which is always good. My wife suggested that she might like to try an auto focus/auto exposure camera, so I figured not much could go wrong.

Zathras

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
4x5 Pacemaker Crown Graphic with top mounted rangefinder and 135mm Optar lens.

mtnbkr

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Kodak Hawkeye Pocket Instamatic 110. No reason other than I thought it was cute, it came with a flash cube and a roll of film, and I have a Brownie Hawkeye (name synergy). Might be a fun camera to toss in the pack when I'm going out for a hike... $16 shipped and supposedly NIB.

Chris

Shooter
DSLR
Kodak Hawkeye Pocket Instamatic 110. No reason other than I thought it was cute, it came with a flash cube and a roll of film, and I have a Brownie Hawkeye (name synergy). Might be a fun camera to toss in the pack when I'm going out for a hike... $16 shipped and supposedly NIB.

Chris

😳 NIB? How cool is that?

Kino

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Here's one I passed on, but the sealed film in the second picture made me sweat a bit...

starflex 1.jpg

Starflex 2.jpg

Donald Qualls

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
hmmm, "all weather film", I assume that means its faster for rainy day, not weather proof?

I think that was modern ISO 100, vs. the ISO 64 or 50 that was common for the day. With ISO 100 you could shoot even down to "stormy" conditions (five stops off Sunny) with an f/5.6 lens at 1/25, hence "all weather".

kmcsmart

Shooter
35mm RF
Just bought a Contax iia Colour Dial from a local estate auction. I’ll pick it up shortly. Hope it’s in as good shape as it looks.

Attachments

• B2952B90-03BE-483A-BF9F-C2AF28F8EBAB.jpeg
    B2952B90-03BE-483A-BF9F-C2AF28F8EBAB.jpeg
    316.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 56D04802-4069-4809-A6A7-2AB49FBCBD0B.jpeg
    56D04802-4069-4809-A6A7-2AB49FBCBD0B.jpeg
    267.5 KB · Views: 8

mtnbkr

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format

Chris

Well poo. I got the camera tonight, did a few test dry-fires, which indicated it was working fine (can see the shutter fire and all), so I loaded it up, attached the flash cube, and grabbed a snap of my family sitting around the table after dinner. The flash fired and all seemed great. I went to advance the film and it jammed at full stroke. I removed the cartridge in total darkness and put it away in a light-tight container so I could fiddle with the camera.

I can't tell what went wrong other than it being jammed up. I'm bummed, it's such a neat little thing and for all appearances is NIB (or was). The seller accepts returns, but I have to pay return shipping. It's not worth the effort.

Darn.

ETA: FIXED! It just needed a little extra "ugga dugga" on the film advance. There may be some schmutz or something in the mechanism.

Chris

Last edited:

henryvk

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
Because I've been wanting a P&S camera and I have this irrational weakness for Ricoh's, I just bought a Ricoh AF-2 off the classifieds. Haven't received it yet, though. Not quite an L35AF but the Ricoh 4 -element lens should do alright at least and it takes 2 AA batteries which is always good. My wife suggested that she might like to try an auto focus/auto exposure camera, so I figured not much could go wrong.

Since the pictures in the ad were very poor it was hard to tell what shape the camera was in. Turns out it's basically mint, not a scratch on the body and all systems nominal, just needed some light seals replaced and it's good to go. My wife is very pleased and said she'd actually been "waiting to join the analog crowd", which made me smile. I'll have to get a lens cap since there's a tab on the barrel that locks the shutter release with the cap in place.

Anyway, the Ricoh AF-2 seems to be a bit of a copy of the Canon Autoboy/AF35M sans the projected framelines and with Seiko AF. It's boxy, has optional flash and a Tessar-type lens.

M6rhLrS.jpg

PS: I'm pleased to report that my collection of cameras and parts has now reached "critical-mass", insofar as I actually already did have a lens cap that fits.

Last edited:

Renamable

Shooter
35mm
A Nikon F4E bought from a Japanese seller on eBay. The build quality was as good as any flagship from Nikon, the single focusing point was fast and accurate. And it’s even cheaper than any
other models in the product line, say F3 or F5, it should be a wise choice for beginners in film photography for it’s reasonable pice and excellent functionality. But for me it’s just too digital so eventually I decided to sell it to someone else. And last week I bought a set of F2 to replace it as my 35mm SLR system.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom