Threads
Members
Latest member
rmurthy2
Recent bookmarks

Don Heisz

Shooter
35mm RF
Received a very interesting card from @Jord186 - apparently a photo of the side of a container. However, it is so decontextualized that it really comes across as abstract. I like that it is not obvious what it is - that it is so far from obvious, it's confusing when you get told what it actually is. Very cool.

jvo

Subscriber
Shooter
Digital
My cards will be in the mail by the end of the month - life can throw some curves!

I usually like the "artifacts" the post office adds to the cards, but found that all but 2 of the cards from round 56 were sent in an envelope. So I'll be joining the majority for round 57 - seems there's a sentiment that they'll better survive the world's postal systems.

Don Heisz

Shooter
35mm RF
found that all but 2 of the cards from round 56 were sent in an envelope

I haven't sent mine in an envelope. But I always worry that a card will get eaten by postal machinery or just get mixed in with junk mail and tossed inadvertently. I've been careful to check all the junk mail I get since joining the postcard exchange and, sure enough, a couple of times an actual postcard has ended up interleaved in a flyer.

But, still, it's supposed to be "postcards" so I send postcards.

Don Heisz

Shooter
35mm RF
@Don Heisz have you sent RC or fiber postcards?

I send RC. I'm not saying other people should send them not-in-envelopes. I'm only saying that's been what I chose to do. I may choose differently in the future, when all my "Postcard" paper runs out - or if I choose to send a colour one.

Darth Musturd

Shooter
DSLR
This is my first time too! I put 23 cards in the mail today. I'm using my Ilford post card paper. I wish I had bought more!

I used labels, my penmanship is awful, labels should help insure delivery.

Best Regards, Mike

The Post Office apparently has a very well developed AI for that. My handwriting is illegible (but apparently very pretty) and the post office manages to read it whenever I send out postcards and letters. You should be fine if you do want to handwrite, or have to for things like security envelopes.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom