Threads
Members
Latest member
coralluxurycleaning
Recent bookmarks

koraks

Shooter
Multi Format
Oh, I'm not even sure I was supposed to receive one from you! My apologies :smile:
Of course a card is always welcome, but don't go out of your way for it. I do have good memories of Cyprus; I really enjoyed staying there some years ago.

negativefunk

Shooter
Multi Format
I also got @peter_ 's St Pancras, which I was very happy to receive as the place is dear to me. It's a nice colour print (a novelty to me), and I like how the image is framed - thanks!

bedrof

Shooter
Medium Format
Oh, I'm not even sure I was supposed to receive one from you! My apologies :smile:
Of course a card is always welcome, but don't go out of your way for it. I do have good memories of Cyprus; I really enjoyed staying there some years ago.

Yup, I checked the list and you're in it.

The selection of frames for cards of the round already prepared and sent was from most recent travels (summer and autumn 2022), but I will review some older negatives for my next card printing session later this week.

mfohl

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I also received koraks' "Production Landscape". A very nicely conceived and designed landscape. The tire tracks attest to the "production" issue. Shot and printed full frame square. Very nice. Thanks Raphael!

Dunga

Shooter
Hybrid
I was thinking of making a rubber stamp to apply the postcard markings on the back of regular paper.
This time i'll be using envelopes and see how the prints reach you.

Posting in a few days, just need to do a stamp run when i get a break off work.

Forgot to mention: my 22 cards and the ones of @MToma are in the post for a few days now. I hope they all make it to you.
The ladies there told me i could send directly to Russia, so fingers crossed @bedrof.

Have an excellent end of year, everyone!

mfohl

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I also received peter_'s London St. Pancras today. A very cool place and a very nice capture of the place. Train upstairs, shops downstairs. Cool! Thanks Peter!

Rob Skeoch

Advertiser
Advertiser
Shooter
35mm RF
Three more have arrived over the past week or so. Thanks for getting them mailed. I haven't sent mine out yet.
Stairway to Heaven - James O'Gara - I like the graphic element to this shot, lots of lines to keep your eyes engaged.
London St Pancras - Peter_ - one of the few colour images I've received. Lots of interesting stuff going on here.
Container, Expoo, Finland - Jord186 - very interesting find along the container, it looks like the paint is peeling but maybe it's an old poster that's peeling off? Another one taken on a large negative fuji.

Daniela

Shooter
Multi Format
Today I received @MattiS' "Ballum Sluse", a photograph of a sculpture of wood and metal(?) by the water. I really like the contrast you achieved. I was intrigued about the place, so I'm glad that you included a link with information. I'm still wondering about the two white crosses in the back...That places looks awesome and I'd love to visit and experience the "black sun"! Thank you and Merry Christmas to you too!

Daniela

Shooter
Multi Format
I received the card from @MattiS - @Daniela, if we got the same card, the sculpture is a weathered anchor. Indeed, very good contrast control, and the detail on the horizon intrigued me too. Perhaps a bridge?

Oh! I can now see the shadow of the part that is hidden! I was thinking of birds and wings after reading about bird sighting there 😂

negativefunk

Shooter
Multi Format
I got two more postcards.
@drpsilver 's burst of grass is one, and as happened to a few others a chunk of the emulsion has been taken off from the very center, and a bit more underneath. I like the reeds, it's the only one that arrived with some significant damage.

My almost neighboring @Simon I sent an interesting card - the technique (which I am not familiar with) works very well with the subject for me making it a bit dreamy and suggestive of another time. Is the paper warm tone-ish, or is that a result of your process?

Rob Skeoch

Advertiser
Advertiser
Shooter
35mm RF
Burst of Grass - DRPSILVER - Hey Darwin, thanks for the postcard. Great that you still have some of the paper left over.... I think most of us have run out. Great shot of the grass and nicely printed to show all the tones.

jvo

Subscriber
Shooter
Digital
I rec'd "london st pancras" from peter_ , being prone to B&W I like the low-key color palette throughout... the lower level passageway, and translucent roofing provide wonderful depth and detail to ponder - great lines and composition!

thank you.

bedrof

Shooter
Medium Format
Got two letters
- one from @koraks with the Production landscape card. Interesting, right now I'm reading a book with significant part of plot circulating about a man-made land of the Netherlands:smile: The card is like an unusual implementation of a classic composition scheme. Works great. Nice to receive a color card.

- and another from @mikeg with 5 sheep card for round 56 and Great Langdale valley for round 57.

These are so very English in composition and even light that I went check it with my example of Larry Bartlett's book on printing (and ony by Lee Frost too). I like them both cards very much.

Thanks!

mshchem

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
I received a card yesterday from @Simon I Beautiful, "Barcelona Graffiti". Absolutely fabulous, lith print on fiber base paper! I got it from my mailbox yesterday, perfectly flat, minus 20°C. Brought the card into the house and it curled slightly, I thought "that's fiber base paper!" Maybe my favorite card, has a little wear from handling but that makes all these cards so fun.

Happy Solstice (winter or summer depending on where we are) 😊

Daniela

Shooter
Multi Format
I received @hkbenji 's "Ginkgo Dreams, Tokio" yesterday. A bright and airy color photograph of a path lined with ginkgo biloba trees. The use of delicate Washi paper fits perfectly; and today, the sun came out for the first time in a week, so I was able to see it with sun shining through. What a treat!
Thank you for the added information, it's all very interesting and inspiring!

mfohl

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Today I received MattiS's "Ballum Sluse, Syddanmark". An interesting river structure. On the river with the grasses and other growth. And with very nice detail in the clouds. Nice paper, too. And I guess I figured out that "Syddanmark" is South Denmark. Thanks Martin!

Last edited:

hkbenji

Shooter
Multi Format
Thanks @Daniela for your kind words, I'm glad you like it!

I have received @jvo "Stairway to Heaven" - a very nice photograph with strong lines and shapes. I like it a lot!
Looks like a monochrome image printed on colour paper, which makes for an interesting effect, in the shadows in particular.

mshchem

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
Today I received MatiS's "Ballum Sluse, Syddanmark". An interesting river structure. On the river with the grasses and other growth. And with very nice detail in the clouds. Nice paper, too. And I guess I figured out that "Syddanmark" is South Denmark. Thanks Martin!

I received the same, from @MattiS lovely 5x7 print. Looks like a beautiful place to visit 😊

Don Heisz

Shooter
35mm RF
I received @MattiS card - with the strange object my wife thought may have been someone's attempt at a see-saw - I said it would be a pretty nasty see-saw. The little white crosses in the background make that end of it sparkle.

Received "Cold Dream" from @Dunga . It's a very nicely done graphic shot of bare tree branches against a winter sky - overarching with the slightest bit of open space in the middle. You know it would be impenetrable in the summer. But, in the winter, it is definitely cold.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom