Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuyuik
Recent bookmarks

Jim Graves

Format
Large Format
Matthew ... thanks for posting the Facebook post and donation link ... this community is a great group, I'm sure the response will be generous ... as generous as Per was with his time and help.

It always amazed me how little he charged for his workshops and how much of his time and energy and goodwill he gave for free ... helping his family now would be the best way to repay his wonderful generosity.

blaze-on

Format
Multi Format
Jim, Bill and Ghost (sorry, forgot your real name) I appreciate it and the family will be pleased.
You are right Jim, Per rarely charged for his numerous "get together's" and took joy in just being amongst fellow enthusiasts and thrived when asked to help someone. A rare gentleman...Thanks to all..

Trask

Subscriber
Format
35mm RF
Ah, that's a shame. Like most APUGers (I suspect), I never got to know Per other than through his posts here on APUG, but his personality and love of photography certainly shone through. He will be missed.

Format
Multi Format
Sent a small donation, which unfortunately doesn't reflect the amount of appreciation of Per and his person, but it's the best I can do. He meant a lot to many people.

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Format
Multi Format
Matthew ... thanks for posting the Facebook post and donation link ... this community is a great group, I'm sure the response will be generous ... as generous as Per was with his time and help.

It always amazed me how little he charged for his workshops and how much of his time and energy and goodwill he gave for free ... helping his family now would be the best way to repay his wonderful generosity.

Not only were his private and semi-private classes generously priced, but also I found that my semi-private class was a private class because no one else was scheduled. Furthermore, Per gave me a box of nytrile gloves, the large sheets of paper we used, and several envelopes and boxes of no longer available paper.

Steve

OP
OP
keithwms

keithwms

Format
Multi Format
His legacy must continue as what he has given all of us is precious. It is only through us that his memory will live.

Diwan Bhathal.

Thanks for your post, Diwan, and I wish you safe travels tomorrow. Please give everyone my best. I know it must be terribly hard on Matt in particular. I am sorry that I cannot attend, though I doubt I could say anything helpful at this stage.

You are right, it is up to us to make sure that Per's legacy is upheld. He would have wanted you to pick up a camera again... let's do that soon. That's perhaps the best way to carry on what Per infused in everyone who knew him.

Safe travels, everyone, and I hope that you enjoy each other's company and bring some comfort to his family.

Curt

Format
Multi Format
Are the current FFA staff reductions going to impact travel? How many are flying to attend the service?

Curt

ChuckP

Subscriber
Format
Multi Format
I believe that the FAA furloughs only include the people involved in the planning, procurement and installation of new equipment or airport construction projects. They are paid from the ticket money. The controllers and the people who are responsible for the day to day maintenance of the equipment are not included. So planes are still flying but any new projects are stopped.

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Format
Multi Format
Are the current FFA staff reductions going to impact travel? How many are flying to attend the service?

Curt

For now there is no effect on flight safety. For a short time on Saturday, I was able to save about 30% on airline tickets, which I took advantage of. By Saturday evening US Air, Southwest, United, et al raised their airfares so that the price to the buyer was the same as before. Now the IRS has noted what the airlines did, so that if you paid more because an airline raised its fair after the FFA staff reductions, you will get a refund on your income taxes and the airline will get the tax bill! [CBS morning news, 27 July 2011]

Sometimes there is justice in the world.

rorye

Format
8x10 Format
Keith, it was a beautiful and sad memorial. Someone was taking a lot of photos, which I imagine will appear somewhere.
I didn't feel right taking pictures at the memorial but as I walked to the building these clouds were above it. Somehow they seemed appropriate.

Attachments

• Per'sClouds.jpg
    Per'sClouds.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 84
OP
OP
keithwms

keithwms

Format
Multi Format
Keith, it was a beautiful and sad memorial. Someone was taking a lot of photos, which I imagine will appear somewhere.
I didn't feel right taking pictures at the memorial but as I walked to the building these clouds were above it. Somehow they seemed appropriate.

Beautiful image! I am sure Per would love it.

Format
ULarge Format
Yes, that is a very nice image. Many images were taken at Per's service and Chinese TV was present filming. We each have our own thoughts about this and I was just glad to be there with everyone. Per was very much involved with the Chinese community and I expect that the video will be shown for those in China who were unable to attend.

Toffle

Format
Multi Format
Thinking of you on your birthday, Per.
You are so greatly missed, here and elsewhere... by those who knew you in person, and those like me who only knew you by your web presence. You were a great photographer, a wealth of information and a mentor to many.
Raising a glass to you on your day, friend.

Curt

Format
Multi Format
I'm speechless and in deep thought. Gone is man who had boundless enthusiasm for the craft. I made my first platinum print with him sitting by my side. At the funeral service there wasn't an empty seat. I felt privileged to attend. Matt, Jim, and others can say it better than I. The minute I walked through the door I felt right at home in his house.

Curt

Format
Multi Format
Woke up this morning and thought of Per. Up in the dark December sky a star sparkles and I see him smiling and I recall his sage advice that helped me along my journey. A rare individual I was lucky to have known.

Merry Christmas everyone and happy holidays too.

markbarendt

Format
Multi Format
Thanks Curt

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom