Threads
Members
Latest member
coralluxurycleaning
Recent bookmarks

KitosLAB

Shooter
35mm
A few frames that were made specifically for this monthly theme. Camera Zenit11, Lens Helios 44M, Foma200 film
Kyiv. Kiev-Pechersk Lavra. monastery wall,
01.jpg

Kyiv. Antitank hedgehogs. January 2023
02.jpg

This photo is interesting in two ways. Firstly, it is made by a simple mechanical point and shoot Premier camera. We call such cameras "soap dishes", I always wonder what they are called in other countries? Secondly, this is my block post. At this place I spent the whole of March 2022
03.jpg

Mick Fagan

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Having seen this Monthly Shooting Assignment over the years, but never really being in the right place to expose some film for a set subject and have it ready for showing an old picture and a new one within the given time frame, has been slightly frustrating at times.

Today that changes with the first image being something old, both in the exposure taken sense and in the image itself.

Old:- Bronco Yard fence in Diamantina NP, which was an old working station but now a National Park. It was quite a large station at 507,000 hectares or a bit over 1.25 million acres. Ilford FP4+ Shen Hao HZX45-IIA Fujinon 65mm f/5.6 with a centre graduated filter.

150108_Diamantina_NP_Bronco_Yard_On_Circuit_Track_65_Centre_Filter_FP4+_1140hr_005_Web.jpg

New:- Fence in front of our backyard sauna. HZX45-IIA Ilford FP4+ Fujinon 250mm f/5.6 Orange filter at f/8.

230002_Sauna_Fence_FP4_250mm_F8_125_10mm_Fall_Orange_Filter_004_Web.jpg

OP
OP
Don Heisz

Don Heisz

Shooter
35mm RF
showing an old picture and a new one within the given time frame, has been slightly frustrating at times

It's great you posted an old and a new but the assignment has been recently (within the last 6 months) modified to allow people to post old images instead of or along with new images, because very few were posting anything.

So, just to clarify, it's fine if people post an old image (i.e., taken and developed prior to this month) without every posting a current (new) one.

7 days left. I think this month is going great!

Mick Fagan

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Don Heisz, thank you for the clarification, I didn't know that at all. It could mean I will be able to take part to a greater sense than I at first thought.

Peter k. thank you, yes it is inviting one to the door, and I'm delighted you see it that way as that was my motive for the image. The best part is that we have an outdoor shower and in winter on cool nights, a cool or cold shower is quite invigorating.

OP
OP
Don Heisz

Don Heisz

Shooter
35mm RF
This is new (a few days ago) - fence in a snowstorm. I cropped the bottom, because the camera I used (Zorki 4) exposed the top row of sprocket holes that resulted in what looks like surge marks in the scan - but also, the Zorki 4, while it has a nice viewfinder, doesn't accurately frame the view. Quite annoying. This is on FlicFilm UltraPan 400, which is rebranded Fomapan 400. It's the cheapest film in Canada, at the moment.

img965.jpg

peter k.

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Nevada, Leica IIIf, Elmar 5cm f3.5, Tri-X 400

Don't fence me in !!!

Oh yes, ... and oh my, ... .. had to zoooom in, .. to just barely pick out the fence line on the left going towards the center of the image.

Yep, ... .. free as free can be in a non-containment of space

He Hawwww ...
Ride 'em cowboy

Roger Thoms

Subscriber
Shooter
8x10 Format
Don't fence me in !!!

Oh yes, ... and oh my, ... .. had to zoooom in, .. to just barely pick out the fence line on the left going towards the center of the image.

Yep, ... .. free as free can be in a non-containment of space

He Hawwww ...
Ride 'em cowboy

I really debated about this one as the fence is a bit subtle. Good thing I stopped where I did, because just a little further down the road you hit open range land with no fences in site.

Roger

Mick Fagan

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
An old one taken near Betoota in Queensland, this is the kind of ground that makes for light stock carrying capacity, as you would understand. In general, you need around 1 square kilometre for one head of stock (cow/cattle). Nutritionally the soil is very poor in this country, at times and in some places I've lived and worked in, stock could have a full belly of grass and drop dead from malnutrition. The extremely poor quality of Australian soil is one of the reasons, perhaps the main reason, we have quite large cattle stations.

This is a working fence, a bit hard to see at this low web resolution, but it is a three strand fence.

Shen Hao HZX45-IIA Fujinon f/8 90mm lens FP4+.

150104_Betoota_Fence_and_Hill_90_No_Filter_FP4+_003_web_NS.jpg

OP
OP
Don Heisz

Don Heisz

Shooter
35mm RF
One more older one..

I like signs like that. Who thought it was necessary to include the word "posted"? Is that to let you know that someone (as opposed to no one) put the sign there, that it was done intentionally (as opposed to accidentally flying through the air and landing there)?

MattKing

Shooter
Multi Format
I like signs like that. Who thought it was necessary to include the word "posted"? Is that to let you know that someone (as opposed to no one) put the sign there, that it was done intentionally (as opposed to accidentally flying through the air and landing there)?

I think "Posted" actually hay have a specific meaning. I believe that is the phrase used in some jurisdiction to mean that hunting is not permitted on the lands.

MattKing

Shooter
Multi Format
Isn't English wonderful :smile:

jay moussy

Subscriber
Shooter
Hybrid
Mow, (not this month) fortunate(?) light leak?

Wall regrets

Attachments

• mow fence.jpg
    mow fence.jpg
    414.4 KB · Views: 11
  • wall regrest.jpg
    wall regrest.jpg
    700.4 KB · Views: 11
Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom