Members
Latest member
coralluxurycleaning
Recent bookmarks

logan2z

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
New one. Shot with a Leica M2, 35mm Summarit 2.4 lens on Ilford FP4+. Developed in Rodinal 1:50. Unfortunately, scanned with a crummy Epson V550 scanner which doesn't do a very good job with 35mm film.

o7IYvoXl.jpg

OP
OP
Don Heisz

Don Heisz

Shooter
35mm RF
Fences are a great attribute in photos.

I find I always look at fences as a potential photograph, wherever I am - and I drive through a lot of areas with all kinds of different fences. I think photographers like lines, anyway - and fences are lines that also divide or separate.

Here's an old one - which had a couple of problems. This is a snow fence on a very foggy day. I used a Mamiya NC1000 that I had been bringing everywhere and, unfortunately, the aperture in the lens was stuck wide open. So this is quite overexposed Foma Retro 320 (or whatever they call it) - and overexposed film scans terribly. If I can ever manage to find the negative, though, I should try to enlarge it. The pattern made by the snow fence (and its reflection) looks almost like an error.

img279.jpg

markjwyatt

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I find I always look at fences as a potential photograph, wherever I am - and I drive through a lot of areas with all kinds of different fences. I think photographers like lines, anyway - and fences are lines that also divide or separate.

Here's an old one - which had a couple of problems. This is a snow fence on a very foggy day. I used a Mamiya NC1000 that I had been bringing everywhere and, unfortunately, the aperture in the lens was stuck wide open. So this is quite overexposed Foma Retro 320 (or whatever they call it) - and overexposed film scans terribly. If I can ever manage to find the negative, though, I should try to enlarge it. The pattern made by the snow fence (and its reflection) looks almost like an error.

View attachment 326559

Maybe try some Farmer's reducer? Definitely a moody shot.

MattKing

Shooter
Multi Format
This thread makes me look fondly at the oil painting of a snow fence that is now in our dining area, but spent decades in my childhood home and my parents' home after I moved out.
My mother loved paintings, and was a half decent amateur painter herself.

Daniela

Shooter
Multi Format
Going with a detail with this one.
I actually shot it for the iron assignment, but just got to print it, so it's an old one but it fits! 🙂

Attachments

• 20230116_165933.jpg
    20230116_165933.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 23

GregY

Subscriber
Shooter
Large Format
50113137396_66301f4e39_b.jpg

El Rito, NM
Leica, 21mm, Tri-X in Pyrocat HD print on Foma Variant

peter k.

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Ah yes, again, countless times, since we were a kid, we have mixed the Taos Pueblo church with the old San Francisco de Asis Mission Church, ... which is in the actual town of Taos.

Here are two images from the 1940's, ... taken by my dad, with his 3x4 Speed, which we still use today.
As a young lad, going from one to the other, they just became one and the same for me and still get them mixed up today. ;-)

First one was labeled by my dad, as Pueblo Church.. Although it looks like it has gone through, quite some remodeling since that time 70+ years ago. ;-)

Pueblo Chruch 1940's  .jpg

Second one is the Mission church in Taos itself also with the Anniversary 3x4 from the 40's.
Lot more wall. ;-)

Taos Mission Church 1940 's .jpg

GregY

Subscriber
Shooter
Large Format
Beautiful images peter k. It's much built up around the St Francis of Assisi Church.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom