Has anyone tried this yet? BelliniFoto Monopart C41 Kit

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by Fin, Jul 18, 2017.

1. pentaxuser

pentaxuser Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks for the reply Berri. Italian is clearly a difficult language.

pentaxuser

2. Berri

Berri Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    how can you say that?

here is what their website says:
    La sua produzione comprende chimici per uso fotografico a colori e in bianco nero, sia per la carta sia per la pellicola, chimici per uso cinematografico, arti grafiche ed x-ray.

production of chemicals for photographic applications both colour and black and white, for paper and films, chemicals for motion pictures, graphic arts and x-ray.

Production means they make it and it is "all made in italy" as they claim on their web site

3. Berri

Berri Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Bellini has also acquired the licens for producing "ornano" products. Ornano was an old italian photochemical manufacturer

4. trendland

trendland Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    It is a hard speculation in these days if anybody is producing anything still itself ?
    And it is a question of definition what production still means.
    Some stuff made in the UK has it's origin in Belgium then it goes to china - come first into UK - after this back to china - make a short visit in Polland returns into UK to become final assembled.
    AFTER THIS : Made in UK !!!
    caused from final assembling
    with regards

5. pentaxuser

pentaxuser Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Interesting can you tell what stuff this is that has this intriguing path from inception to final assembly in the U.K. Thanks

pentaxuser

6. halfaman

halfaman Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Just happen that I have found Kodak instructions for Flexicolor C-41 chemicals.

http://imaging.kodakalaris.com/sites/uat/files/wysiwyg/pro/chemistry/z131.pdf

In chapter 4 there is the instructions for minilabs and they are similar to Fuji's. Of course, there are washless processes in C-41 with the same caveats as detailed previously: fixing must be done in double bath and final rinse in triple bath. Can be used with any Kodak film except Vericolor Slide film.

More manuals and information about color chemicals and processes here:
    http://imaging.kodakalaris.com/professional-photographers/labs/chemistry

7. trendland

trendland Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Pentaxuser - you may beat me for that - but how is it with Rover ? It's now coming from India?
    Land Rover shall be a better example.
    You, others and me just know the engine block is not shipped around - for worldwide outsourcing.
    But think of all the smal parts led lights
    a.s.o....
    I have an idea of your answer now :
    Land Rover has no led light !
    But why I also thinking you are best understanding a these but often you want the evidence for that.
    Globalization is a method responcible for companys made here from us - but here and from us is : "Made in china" by the time : " Made in the EU" means : shipped around europe.

with regards

8. Photo Engineer

Photo Engineer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    To simplify things, here are the process instructions and the capacities of C41 for home processing.

PE

Attached Files:

9. twelvetone12

twelvetone12 Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Italian is not difficult, Bellini worded it in an ambiguous way (BTW I'm still waiting for a reply).

10. pentaxuser

pentaxuser Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks, I look forward to you getting a reply which I hope you will translate into English for those of us whose knowledge of Italian is very limited or non existent.

pentaxuser

11. Berri

Berri Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    They are probaply shut for the christmas holidays. You might have to wait untill the 7th.

12. Berri

Berri Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    actually, yours is a speculation (based on what god only knows) because they are saying quite the opposite. You have the burden of proof for what you are stating.
    Bellini IS making color and BW chemicals from scratch.

13. Photo Engineer

Photo Engineer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have posted the authentic C41 home darkroom process. What is so difficult for you all?

PE

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. Craig

Craig Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Does Kodak still produce separate bleach and fix in reasonable quantities for the home darkroom? Last time I looked (which was a while ago) the only size available was the 50 gallon size!

16. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have not yet learned of such taking place here in Europe.

17. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    As stated before I very much doubt that. They are blending chemicals as their competitors do too. They are not synthezising chemicals.
    (This may be a language issue though, depending on what you mean with "chemicals from scratch".)

18. twelvetone12

twelvetone12 Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    if "chemicals from scratch" means synthesizing their own CD4, probably they buy that in bulk from a third party. If it means mixing their own chemistry for the kits they sell, I really don't see why they should not and instead rebrand other things. BTW Bellini sells raw components too, but I can't say if they synth them in-house or not.

19. trendland

trendland Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hey Berri....
    pls. slow down OK ?
    (I've had hard day's from getting lessions what political overcorrectness indeed means) - no intention to aproach now ....:D
    I never sayd that Bellini is selling scratch.
    But I have an idea from Tetenal is producing parts of Ilfords bw chemistry.
    May be they just hellping Ilford from producing parts - but in a smal market companys are coming together.
    So it might be also in Italy - but (If I remember I spoke about speculations)

But just to make you feel better : Possible Bellini is such kind of proud and traditionell company that it is producing each smalest part from themselfe?
    But - and thats my resisting oppinion :
    I (personaly) would not trust everything what companys stated today.
    Sometimes it is just from advertisement.
    To have own thoughts about can't be wrong - even if your own thought are somtimes not 100% correct.
    (so I indeed are knowing no girl wich is able to load a simple 135 cassette - but this is saying first just nothing - nothing about IQ - and nothing about that it is a general phenomen - I indeed also know just some other people (not so many) who have experience from that - but this all has to do with they have digital cameras).
    So pls. Berry make me happy not to persist now on the next missunderstanding.

with regards

20. trendland

trendland Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hey Berri....
    pls. slow down OK ?
    (I've had hard day's from getting lessions what political overcorrectness indeed means) - no intention to aproach now ....:D
    I never sayd that Bellini is selling scratch.
    But I have an idea from Tetenal is producing parts of Ilfords bw chemistry.
    May be they just hellping Ilford from producing parts - but in a smal market companys are coming together.
    So it might be also in Italy - but (If I remember I spoke about speculations)

But just to make you feel better : Possible Bellini is such kind of proud and traditionell company that it is producing each smalest part from themselfe?
    But - and thats my resisting oppinion :
    I (personaly) would not trust everything what companys stated today.
    Sometimes it is just from advertisement.
    To have own thoughts about can't be wrong - even if your own thought are somtimes not 100% correct.
    (so I indeed are knowing no girl wich is able to load a simple 135 cassette - but this is saying first just nothing - nothing about IQ - and nothing about that it is a general phenomen - I indeed also know just some other people (not so many) who have experience from that - but this all has to do with they have digital cameras).
    So pls. Berry make me happy not to persist now on the next missunderstanding.

with regards

21. trendland

trendland Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Sorry - it was twice - hard task - :D:laugh::laugh::D to post with cellphone and insufficent random access memory - with real genius equipment that would not happen
    (hope that this should be allowed to say - minimum to a longer time from now on.....):happy::D:laugh::whistling:

22. bvy

bvy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The F2 kit includes one liter of bleach and two liters of fixer (which you dilute 1+1 with water). $38 from Unique Photo in NJ.

23. pentaxuser

pentaxuser Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    What was the source of your idea? This is not a challenge. Just an open question looking for an answer Thanks

pentaxuser

24. trendland

trendland Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Ok - if it is No challenge I will give my best.
    I noticed (may be more than 2 year ago) that new chems from Ilford and Tetenal were within identical packaging.
    The reason may be they both are using the same suplier of bottles. If there was not to nearly the same time a short news that Tetenal and Ilfort want to work together.
    But I can't give you the source - I can't remember jet.
    It may be they stopped cooperation meanwhile.
    But it would make sence if both companies come together.
    A type of Ilford outsourcing from bw chems to Tetenal.
    So I spoke about a smell/idea that some simple chems in bw are the same.
    You can by Ilford or Tetenal it is just from the design and from the name/brand you like more. But don't ask about wich concrete developer or other stuff - I had the whole program of chems from Tetenal and compared with Ilford two years ago - can't remember now.
    To the same time some new developer came out (rodinal clones).

with regards

25. pentaxuser

pentaxuser Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks, trendland. I think what you have is a feeling which may or may not be correct but there is little of substance that I can discern in your explanation. It might not be enough to stand up in court :D

pentaxuser

26. twelvetone12

twelvetone12 Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    If I recall correctly someone somewhere here on apug stated that ilford offloads it's chemistry to a 3rd party supplier. But notwithstanding this... What difference it makes?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.