Will there ever be another photographic movement?

Mustang

A
Mustang

32nd Avenue

A
32nd Avenue

Saab

A
Saab

Chevy Van

A
Chevy Van

Recent Classifieds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coralluxurycleaning
Recent bookmarks

momus

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
My wife invented the No Print Photography Movement when she told me I can't hang any more pictures on the walls.

Let's see, that still leaves the outside of your place, the ceiling (Michelangelo lives again?), the floor, and the inside of cabinets and the fridge. There are more, but the toilet seat is probably best for other types of movements.

momus

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
Are we getting into the what is art discussion again

The only definition I can think of for art is that it absolutely has to be useless. If you can use it, it's a craft. But a craft can rise to the realm of art (OK, I'm getting confused here, again), provided it's artsy enough so that even if you could use it, you wouldn't use it.

This definition avoids the usual traps of good art vs bad art, and I just threw in "artsy" to divert attention from the fact that I have no idea what I'm talking about. So it's a useless idea, and therefore, it's art. See how easy it is to make art!

MattKing

Shooter
Multi Format
The only definition I can think of for art is that it absolutely has to be useless.

I guess you don't think Architecture can be art.

MattKing

Shooter
Multi Format
So is a Ferrari.

There is nothing more useful than a Ferrari :smile:
Although, if you look down inside the engine compartment of our Fiat 500, there is at least one label that indicates it was made by the group that makes and sells "Lancia, Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, Maserati..." :smile:

Shooter
Multi Format
There is nothing more useful than a Ferrari :smile:
Although, if you look down inside the engine compartment of our Fiat 500, there is at least one label that indicates it was made by the group that makes and sells "Lancia, Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, Maserati..." :smile:

Trust me. A Fiat isn't art like a Ferrari.

MattKing

Shooter
Multi Format
Hey, who says a Fiat can't be art?: 😇
P5160024-res-800-sport.jpg
One of the best cars either my wife or I have ever owned. And definitely the most fun to drive.

Arthurwg

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
Although much of the switchgear in the Maserati Ghibli looks and feels like it came straight from the FIAT parts bins.

But you sure know it (or a Ferrari) isn't a FIAT when you pay to have it serviced.
A friend had his Ferrari serviced. $13,000.

George Mann

Shooter
35mm
Are we going to create another photographic movement, or are we just going to talk about it?

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Are we going to create another photographic movement, or are we just going to talk about it?

We are going to bat our lips instead of getting taking photographs or working in the dark and certainly not starting or adding to a movement.

• Montegoblue
  • Deleted
  • Reason: politics and argumentative

albireo

Shooter
Multi Format
Hey, who says a Fiat can't be art?: 😇
View attachment 324905
One of the best cars either my wife or I have ever owned. And definitely the most fun to drive.

The new Fiat 500 is gorgeous. The old one was beautiful too, there are still many around, mostly lovingly restored by their owners. I have fond memories of my uncle driving us kids around in his old white Cinquecento. It had a huge cloth sunroof, it was fun to cruise around town with our heads out of the sunroof catching the sun and breeze.

Sadly, for some reason, the modern 500 is considered a 'woman's car' in some northern European countries. Masculinity is defined very differently across Europe.

Montegoblue

Shooter
Multi Format
I guess all I can add constructively, is that if photography is art, I suppose I must not be much of an artist. which is entirely possible. I cant think of a single photo I ever took that I would call art. That must be a concept in the eyes of the belolder. and when I look at one of my own pictures, I ain't beholding it. Oh, well. It's still fun anyway. And keeps me out of places and things I ought not be doing. So the rest of you, keep up the good work.

cliveh

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm RF
Well I think Matt has very good taste. We also have a Fiat 500 - Brilliant car.

Shooter
Multi Format
The new Fiat 500 is gorgeous. The old one was beautiful too, there are still many around, mostly lovingly restored by their owners. I have fond memories of my uncle driving us kids around in his old white Cinquecento. It had a huge cloth sunroof, it was fun to cruise around town with our heads out of the sunroof catching the sun and breeze.

Sadly, for some reason, the modern 500 is considered a 'woman's car' in some northern European countries. Masculinity is defined very differently across Europe.

I'm too fat to fit into it.

MattKing

Shooter
Multi Format
I'm too fat to fit into it.

You would be surprised how much front seat room there is. One of our friends is 6'4" tall and at the time was suffering with a bad hip and arthritis. He found the passenger seat had more leg and head room and was easier to get into than his full size SUV.
If you are talking about the back seat, it is great for an infant's car seat, parcels, and not much else :smile:

Montegoblue

Shooter
Multi Format
Very often, photography will take me to places I shouldn't be and have me doing things I shouldn't be doing.

Why don't they put a "like' button on a thmbs up button on here? Oh, well, thumbs up anyway.

VinceInMT

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Maybe the next photographic movement will be one led by non-human devices. I’ve seen an ad for the Arsenal Camera Assistant that is trained by looking at thousands of great images and will not let you take a bad one.

“The smart assistant is trained on thousands of great photos. It will determine and fine tune the optimal settings for the scene you're shooting.”

(No affiliation and never will be.)

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom