Vented Lens Hood

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by CMoore, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Ko.Fe.

Ko.Fe. Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Canon 50 1.2 isn't very rare lens. It is availible on eBay often, if not most of the time. Some of them are with hoods. 55mm thread filters are not as rare as 40mm filters I guess, which is another common size of Canon LTM lenses filter thread.
    Original hoods are not easy to find. Some of them where lost after sixty years of use, some of them were worn out or damaged.
    Replacement hoods are easelly availible as long as it is common filter size. For some popular Leica lenses exact copy of original hoods is made new and availible on eBay as well.

2. OP
    OP
    CMoore

CMoore Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    I do not know if you simply surmised those scenarios, or you have actually experienced them.
    I suppose i am equally impressed either way. :smile:

3. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Using a lens shade is the standard procedure when photographing through a window and avoiding reflections in the photograph. Using a rubber shade even enables to tilt the lens.

4. jtk

jtk Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    I have that Canon shade for my 1.2. even tho it's vented it still gets in the way of my Canon VI-t viewfinder. 1.2 has a gigantic front element...I'm processing it's first rollmthis very minute, shot without that shade...I'm expecting a lot of glare. That shade would be too easy to lose and is apparently a valuable antique..the answer is tiger a smaller, slower lens.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.