Threads
Members
Latest member
MrClutch
Recent bookmarks

jtk

Shooter
35mm
Out here we're still dealing with UFO landing sites and vast forgotten Maya-like civilizations underground founded by them. The business where I worked was built upon what was officially zoned by the City of Berkeley as an Underground Sanctuary. And even a tiny hole in the concrete or pavement couldn't be drilled without a special permit, or risking a riot. There were a number of Coastal Miwok shellmounds there before those were all leveled for fertilizer back in the 19th C. But a small contingent of the 150 or so usual locals were fanatical at city hall zoning meetings about the stunning import of what was allegedly down below. Eventually, as sea level rise started kicking in, the city sewers were backing up near the shoreline, so they were forced to do archaeological assessment drilling cores. A bunch of 19th C dock plank fragments and rusty nails etc came up. We already knew docks had formerly been there. So they authorized a partial excavation, but didn't realize the extent of what they would soon find. One of our big flatbed lumber delivery trucks almost fell into the widening hole. And sorry, no buried UFO's and lost Mayan ruins - just a network of abandoned huge diameter 19th C brick-lined sewerage tunnels the City had completely forgotten the existence of. But the true believers remained convinced aliens had made those too. Didn't matter. New modern sewer ducts went in anyway, despite the feelings of aliens and their admirers.

You deserve a fun publisher.

Philip K. Dick's Humpty Dumpty in Oakland was published by Tom Doherty.

Vaughn

Subscriber
Shooter
Large Format
Does any of these comments have anything to do with Monument Valley? Really?
The original post was not about Monument Valley...just happened there. 😎

Never underestimate the power of the human imagination....

DREW WILEY

Shooter
8x10 Format
Well, it's impossible to deny that some of these people did see a lot of bright flashing lights back in the 60's and 70's, one way or another.

Donald Qualls

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format

DREW WILEY

Shooter
8x10 Format
If magenta is not a color, then nobody's colorhead or regular VC printing option works, so people are forced to return to the 60's manner of colorizing things in their own brain directly. And that will lead to more alleged UFO sightings, and this thread will never end.

takilmaboxer

Shooter
Med. Format RF
I grew up in Berkeley and witnessed firsthand many of those bright flashing colors...but alas I don't remember any of it.
I did have some great photography teschers, though, and they regularly spent time in Monument Valley and New Mexico.

DREW WILEY

Shooter
8x10 Format
No wonder Monument Valley is such a colorful place! But I thought that was due to all the hot spice served up at the little Mex-Tex breakfast joint in Kayenta; it sure turned my throat sunset red. I should have saved some of the hot sauce for use in my darkroom.

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
If magenta is not a color, then nobody's colorhead or regular VC printing option works, so people are forced to return to the 60's manner of colorizing things in their own brain directly. And that will lead to more alleged UFO sightings, and this thread will never end.

Which is the humor that PE and I got great belly laughs from.

DREW WILEY

Shooter
8x10 Format
Roses are red, violets are blue (not violet?) ... But I sure don't know what Magenta on my colorhead controls stands for, or on those old jugs of Kodak dye transfer dye laying around.

jimgalli

Subscriber
Shooter
ULarge Format
IMG_5566.jpg

Somewhere west of Tonopah. Memorial day this year. They seemed more interested in the Ford than we were them. We had time to get out and take the picture.

alanrockwood

Shooter
Multi Format
Did I mention this already? There is a current French TV series called UFOs. It's a comedy.

DREW WILEY

Shooter
8x10 Format
Oh my! There's Jim's car, for sure. But did the aliens abduct him? If friendly, he might have a picture of them; but it's hard to confirm soft-focus style.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom