The New APUG, Welcome Back! (info, known issues, bug reports, feature requests)

Discussion in 'System Announcements' started by Sean, Feb 8, 2016.

1. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I saw such crossed placeholder twice today, never before. That was why I thought of an Apug bug.

2. OP
    OP
    Sean

Sean Admin Staff Member Admin

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    One way to check is right click and copy the link address then see where it's pointing to.

3. pdeeh

pdeeh Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    They're not linking to an image, which is why there's a problem - they're using "IMG /IMG" to enclose a link to their website top level, rather than either linking to an image or - assuming this is what they intended - using URL /URL to link to the website

(Obviously there should be square brackets enclosing the IMG and URL but unfortunately the BBCODE parser assumes that you are really trying to enclose links and just comes up with a blank -- a nd I've never found a way to escape that)

4. TheToadMen

TheToadMen Subscriber

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    First of all: thank you for this great forum and even better support!!

I have a request for some extra features. I uploaded several images to the galleries this week (MSA and Critique Gallery). All went well, but I have some wishes if possible and if you've got the time for it.

1) When one adds a new media to a gallery, one can add a title and description (after selecting a file to upload). However, there is a rather limited space for the description (beneath the title): less than 3 lines. It it possible to extend this to 7 or 8 lines? I had hoped to add some more info and even a question with my photograph in the Critique Gallery, since I hope to get some good feedback to improve myself. I could use the comment section to extend my story, but it would be nice to give a bit more info within the description section itself (what, how, request for feedback on ...).
    See for example:
    http://www.apug.org/forum/index.php?media/1st-attempt-multiple-exposures-rb67-127mm-tri-x.52309/

2) I added a series of photos to the MSA. One can upload multiple images at the same time, but one has to fill in all the data for each photo separately (description, location, camera, film, ...). In the old forum one could add the data once and apply it to all images in this upload. Now I had to use copy-paste a lot. Is it possible to add a feature to fill in all data once and to apply it to all images in this upload. This way I only have to correct a title or a single data.
    See for example:
    http://www.apug.org/forum/index.php?media/msa-may-june-dandelions-4.52306/
    and
    http://www.apug.org/forum/index.php?media/msa-may-june-dandelions-5.52307/

Thank you,
    Bert from Holland

5. zehner21

zehner21 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I cannot browse the forum using the Tapatalk app. It's still shows messages and threads of before the update

6. pdeeh

pdeeh Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  7. OP
    OP
    Sean

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
  8. Your response and attitude is the best news ever!

9. CatLABS

CatLABS Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    alt+S no longer works for fast posting or response to inbox messages.
    Is there a different shortcut now?

10. OP
    OP
    Sean

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    I never used that shortcut, how exactly did it work? There is a quick reply box at the end of every message, just filling that in and clicking "Post Reply" is pretty fast..

11. CatLABS

CatLABS Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    If you dont want to use your mouse, you would simply click alt+s to post the reply, message or comment.
    I use it all the time, it saves mega time and keeps your hand free.

12. CatLABS

CatLABS Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
  13. bvy

bvy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    ALT+S is kind of universal. I use it in Outlook.

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. paul ron

paul ron Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    is there a way to save contacts with others such as a friends list i can use to start conversations with people i talk to regularly?

16. OP
    OP
    Sean

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Not at the moment, but I'll see if I can find a plugin..

17. bvy

bvy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I always seem to miss the photographer's notes on gallery photos. They're in a diminutive sort of font under the title at the top. I would like to see them beneath the photo with the other attributes (location, exposure, etc.). Is this possible?

18. OP
    OP
    Sean

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    That makes sense, will get that done next patch update. There are a lot of updates going in soon, hopefully next week.

19. cliveh

cliveh Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    How do you send someone a private message in this new system?

20. OP
    OP
    Sean

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Hi Clive, click on their avatar and their info card pops up, on that card click "Start a Conversation". Or you can start one from your user control panel under "Conversations", also hovering over your name in the menu bar shows a list of links, one being "Conversations". Thanks

21. Photo Engineer

Photo Engineer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    When returning to a thread to view the last not viewed post, I often end up at the top of the page or at least several posts earlier than the last one I viewed. This is particularly bad in cases where an image appears. I usually end up over and over at the same image and have to page down. This usually keeps up until the next page is reached.

PE

22. bvy

bvy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks!

23. ajmiller

ajmiller Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Had problems this evening with this script. Firefox on Ubuntu just goes dark then kicks this message in asking do I want to debug, stop or continue. :

Script: http://cdn.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js:21

What exactly is vglink and what info is it collecting from me?

24. OP
    OP
    Sean

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Viglink is an affiliate program we use to help support the site financially. It's mainly helpful for eBay links, so if someone posts an eBay link on APUG then a member follows that link and actually ends up buying the item on eBay, APUG gets a percentage of the sale. Viglink has been around for a while and currently supports all of these retailers: https://www.viglink.com/merchants

25. Sim2

Sim2 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Groups:
    Hi there,
    Curiously I am having a similar issue with the script:
    Script: http://cdn.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js:21

I updated to El Capitan yesterday and Firefox 48.0.1 - I thought it might be associated with that. Running on a 2015 MacBook. However the page runs fine in Safari 9.1.2

Firefox 'debugger' reports Line 21 as having an issue:
    "parentWindow"in a)?"document":Object.prototype.toString.call(a).slice(8,-1).toLowerCase()}}()};c.extend(c,{addClass:function(b,a){c.hasClass(b,a)||(b.className=(b.className?b.className+" ":"")+a)},all:function(b,a){var e="array"===c.type(b)?[]:{};c.each(b,function(b,h){a(b,h)&&("array"===c.type(e)?e.push(b):e[h]=b)});return e},ancestors:function(b){for(var a=;(b=b.parentNode)&&1===b.nodeType:wink:a.push(b);return a},attrValues:function(b,a,c){return(a=b[a])&&a.split?a.split(c||" "):[]},batchable:function(b,

Don't know if this info is of any help to you. As it runs in Safari it might be pointing to an issue with the latest Firefox.

Otherwise, running fine and looking good - btw this is the first issue I have encountered since the upgrade/new look which I think is great.
    Sim2.

Edit: PS. sorry for the bold, did that automatically on posting the comment - same with the smiley in the script line!

PS./2 Now getting it with js:19 on returning to 'New Posts' page - only other page I have looked at after editing post.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  26. OP
    OP
    Sean

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Ok, i will try to reproduce this. Did it happen on a particular page or link you clicked? Thanks!