"Star" is asking :"How to become an analogue photographer"?

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by trendland, Feb 10, 2018.

1. tomfrh

tomfrh Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Light is only a problem over the long term, eg with hours of projection. There are various archival references on this.

In my experience a very good projector lens will reveal the detail in the slide, right down to the grain. Very good lenses outresolve fine grained film.

2. tomfrh

tomfrh Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    My mum shot a lot of slides in the 60s to the 90s, and my grandfather from the 40s onward.

I have most of these slides now. The Agfas have shifted the most. The Kodachrome performed the best by far.

My mum said she used to really like the Agfa, but was disappointed about the colour shifts and fading.

3. Gerald C Koch

Gerald C Koch Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The problem with 110 cameras is with the 110 cartridge. Its design permits to much play and it is impossible to keep the film in the focal plane. Kodak killed off 16 mm cameras like the Minotas to replace the format with a very cheap knockoff.

4. OP
    OP
    trendland

trendland Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Yes that is quite correct. The lens for projection of slides is not as unimportant as some may think.
    But notice : Most slide projectors of modern type ( 1989 - 2003 ...:whistling:....modern ? ) had real good standard lenses (Leica pradovit a.s.o.) these companies also offered real excellent lenses in addition (higher priced). And with midt format projection (6x6 for example) there never have been bad lenses.From my point lenses of Rollei (and others) were allmost the best - money can buy - and these projectors were standarisized equiped with.Digital projection is comming better and better.But to the next 5 years it will be much more expansive in comparison. .....(If your digital projection is with 8k you can have better quality than 35mm slide today - but have you ever noticed the prices of such equipment?)With 6x6 or higher it should be the identical quality (compared with 8k).........so "analogue" projection is still "state of the art in 2018"...:wink:

with regards

PS : In our company we had different types of video projection walls of some "generations" over the years. They all were highest priced (last I remember came 2009 into scratch - the price some years before was around 30k:pinch:)

5. OP
    OP
    trendland

trendland Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    ......yes of course that might be the problem of ALL cassettes systems (also Super 8) and it seams to be much more important in comparison to sheed films because the bigger format can compensate it a little. (just from my general understanding - I am not sure to be 100%correct) But the most "overdriven" solution in concern of correctness came from Contax (nice camera by the way and good quality due to Zeiss lenses)
    11221237646_b5c2725f83-1.jpg RTS III
    11Z0118_11-1.jpg = vacoom back and ceramic pressure plate......:whistling::surprised:

with regards

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.