Printing large/tonality Fuji bw 690iii vs 4x5. MAYbe even 6x6/7

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by crumpet8, Feb 20, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    crumpet8

crumpet8 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Nice! I also have a couple of 35mm negs that have printed well at 16x20,but they would definitely be nicer if they were atleast medium format. I made this 8x10 from a 4x5 negative tonight and I really like the roll off and clean details.

I borrowed an swc once, they’re a little out of my price range at the moment though. We’ll see how much I use the 501c going forwards...

Attached Files:

2. OP
    OP
    crumpet8

crumpet8 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thought I replied to this but I guess not, thanks for the vote of confidence. As they’re landscape photos it was that that they lacked detail and depth that was his main issue. I don’t really have a choice with the old negatives, but will try shoot larger formats going forwards anyways and keep the Nikon for fun. If I end up getting some nice 35mm negs I’ll continue to print them a thing 16x20 :smile:

3. narsuitus

narsuitus Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I also shoot 35mm, 120 [6x6, 6x7, 6x9], and 4x5 inch. I usually make 16x20 or 20x24 inch prints.

This spring, I had planned on performing some tests to compare the difference in image quality between my three formats.

The information you provided may have saved me the trouble of performing the tests.

Thanks !

[​IMG]

Landscape Cameras by Narsuitus, on Flickr

4. OP
    OP
    crumpet8

crumpet8 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    N

Nice kit! It'd be great if you still did that test and posted it up here :smile: I'm waiting on a 6x9 in the post at the moment, but will post some of my own experiences when I get around to using it and printing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.