Potential Disruption To Product Supply In The US

Discussion in '[Partner] ILFORD PHOTO' started by Harman Tech Service, Aug 31, 2017.

1. OP
    OP
    Harman Tech Service

Harman Tech Service Partner Partner

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Please see this update from Giles & Mike.
    -David

On Friday August 25th the US distributor of HARMAN technology products (WYNIT) suddenly and unexpectedly halted its distribution activities, including those for our products (branded ILFORD Photo, Kentmere and HARMAN, as well as for Paterson and Agfa color film products). On September 8th, WYNIT subsequently entered Chapter 11 proceedings.

Over the month of September we have implemented a direct supply arrangement for retailers in the USA as an interim measure, to ensure product is available during the Back to School program. This is to be extended for all of October. If you are a retailer in the US and would like to know the terms of this supply, please contact us at directorders@harmantechnology.com.

As a matter of urgency, HARMAN is also progressing a detailed selection process for the longer term supply of our products into the US market. This exercise is likely to progress throughout October as we are keen to ensure we make the right decisions for the future.

Please be assured that HARMAN technology are committed to the ongoing supply of our products in the USA, and are doing our utmost to minimise any disruption to their widespread availability.

Yours sincerely,

Giles Branthwaite______________________ Mike Bain
    Sales & Marketing Director_____________ North American Manager
    HARMAN technology Ltd_______________ HARMAN technology Ltd

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  2. bvy

bvy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the update.

3. paulbarden

paulbarden Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I have a box of Harman Direct Positive paper in 8X10 size. I've used three sheets of it, so its not a full box, but I'm considering selling it.

4. Thank you for keeping us informed.

5. hoffy

hoffy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hey Folks,

I was just about to do an order from B&H tonight and noticed that they have no Variable contrast RC paper listed. Is there an update on when they are going to get new stock?

Cheers

6. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    None that I know of, but I would expect that it would be this time of the year (first month of the school year) when the RC paper stocks were most in demand.

7. rrusso

rrusso Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I saw quite a bit listed as in stock as of a couple minutes ago.

Naturally, the stuff I ordered - postcard - is oos, with a 7-14 day wait. And, they're closing for Succos from Oct. 4 til Oct. 14, so get your orders in...