Postcard Exchange Round 37 Comments and Feedback

Discussion in 'Postcard Exchange' started by George Nova Scotia, Feb 1, 2016.

1. mike c

mike c Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks Laurent, if you ever need to know what type of step ladder not to use well ........

Mike

2. kraker

kraker Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Three more since my last update:

megzdad81, Mt. St. Helens reforestation - Noble Fir. What a view. Mesmerizing, I would say. Great photo. Came out real well despite the vuescan deception.
    Laurent, Escalier en Marseille. Just how one imagines Marseille. Sunny, dreamy, mysterious. Very nice. (No, not Nice, Marseille!)
    mike c, Bucket full of daisies. This blows me away. Just great. The power of repetition, yet no two are the same. How wonderful this is in black and white.

Great, great, great. Looking forward to round 38. And maybe a few more contributions from round 37 (ideally, five more for me).

3. Randalcav

Randalcav Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I received Mike C's card this week. A great Spring subject and very well done. You show big cameras aren't just for landscapes. I'm just getting started in large format and hope I can produce an image like this. Thanks for the nicely printed card and large format inspiration!

Randal

4. Oxleyroad

Oxleyroad Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Three more in from last week. I can't understand the global postal services how some people get their cards long before others.

Laurent - Field and trees. I see a tree with leaves and one without then nothing. The card draws me to infinity. I like it alot.
    mike c - Bucket full of Daisy's. So pertinant at this time of year. A crisp enlightening picture that has pride of place on the message board in our house.
    Ozphoto - Folio. What a great idea! I found this very interesting.

12/17

5. piu58

piu58 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I got the bucket ful of daisies from Mike C. It is one of the finest cards I ever received.

6. mike c

mike c Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thankyou all for the positive posts, I do appreciate them.

Mike

7. piu58

piu58 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Dear ozphoto, thank you for elaborating this idea so far. A very special set of photographs and other material. Something really special.

8. ozphoto

ozphoto Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Mike C's card arrived in the past week, and I really like the patterns made by the different daisies. Your description reminded me of a colleague's recollection of his days sharing a studio with 2 other photographers. One had a 5x4 camera attached to a telescopic extender 1 floor above the product being shot. Sad to say, it wasn't attached well and crashed to the studio floor - very happy the heavy duty tripod and ladder didn't experience the same outcome! :D

Uwe - thanks for your kind words; I'm very happy the project has been so well received by everyone. It was a lot of fun to produce in all aspects: planning, shooting and preparing the presentation materials.

9. mike c

mike c Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format

10. mike c

mike c Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Received a late post card from labcoat, you my be late but with style. Old expired Ilford paper and a old Canon with 28mm lens, a meal fit for a King. Like the stretched out vine also.

11. ozphoto

ozphoto Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    Lab coat's card arrived yesterday, thankfully i was able to rescue it before our torrential downpour!
    Love the old paper - suits the subject very well.

12. Black Dog

Black Dog Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    +1 on that from me!

13. kraker

kraker Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    A little while ago, I also received labcoat's photo. Lovely image, works great on the matte paper. Thanks.

14. Sponsored Ad
  15. Laurent

Laurent Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I too received Labcoat's image, and it was also pouring at the moment, which is quite unusual here (especially in these amounts!

Thanks, the image looks very nice, and the paper serves it well!

16. OP
    OP
    George Nova Scotia

George Nova Scotia Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Kevin, I'll leave it up to labcoat or whoever you sent a message to, but feel I should remind all that this an exchange. You are expected to send one out for each you receive. The sign up for the next round starts in September. There are links in my sig below with more info.

Thanks for your interest and hope to see you iin September.