Postcard Exchange Round 34 Comments and Feedback

Discussion in 'Postcard Exchange' started by George Nova Scotia, Feb 2, 2015.

1. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have to start out with an apology. I always like to recognize the hard work and creativity of everyone who participates in these Postcard Exchanges by acknowledging each card received and providing my comments. I really fell down on this with respect to this round (#34) and the next (#35) as well.

Based on what I can put my hands on, it seems I have received 17 of 24 cards. My comments follow. Where there isn’t a title on the card, I made up one that seemed appropriate. Hope you don’t mind :smile:.

drpsilver - Glowing Grass, Napa - The light just dances between the grasses here
    mooseontheloose - Kyoto in the Snow - Another gorgeous HIE shot - and printed wonderfully too
    mike c - Tree Bark and Rock - An interesting detail
    TXFZ1 - School’s Out - An interesting relic, well printed
    TheMissingLink - Tracks in the Field - Excellent sense of mystery and a fine print
    ozphoto - Never Again - A sobering reminder - thank you for a memorable card
    Randalcav - Boulder, Cadillac Mountain, Maine - A beautiful landscape, even if the “mountain” is kind of short :smile:. Nicely printed too
    megzdad81 - White Amaryllis - Nicely rendered delicate shapes and texture
    astroclimb - Parallels - An interesting choice of view
    adelorenzo - Pooley Canyon - Classic scene that looks great well printed on Ilford’s Art 300 paper
    MrBrowning - Phalaenopsis Orchid - The selective development really suits the subject
    labcoat - Near Loch Ness - Well composed, interesting and the print glows
    TheToadMen - My Town in Holland - A wonderful albumen print, and a generous thank you too - You Are Welcome
    JimO - Alien - A great choice of viewpoint
    Laurent - UFO? - I don’t know what it is, but it looks out of this world!
    kraker - Veluwsche Stoomtrein Maatschappij - Old trains make some of the best postcards, and this one is wonderful
    anikin - Portland Burnside Bridge - A neat bridge, and an excellent subject for a postcard

If you sent me a card, and it isn’t on this list, don’t blame yourself. I’ve probably misplaced it.

2. Laurent

Laurent Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Matt,

no, it's not an UFO (at least not advertised as such), but a view of the Atomium from inside the Atomium itself. I was hooked by the symetry of the view.

3. kraker

kraker Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It's never too late to receive a postcard from an earlier round - always a nice surprise.

This week I received Jake's (Black Dog) "drama of the objects". Your photos never cease to amaze me, it's always something special. In this case, surreal, dreamlike, and in colour. I like it, thanks!

4. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I too have received Black Dog's "drama of the object". A splash of subtle colour mixed with a little of the surreal.

Thanks Jake for persevering.

5. Laurent

Laurent Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I too received BlackDog's card, and really like it.

I also received Anikin's card some time ago, not sure I commented about it.

I may not have commented all cards I received, my apologies for this. I need to organize life around Photography and Music, and it's abcolutely not the case these months...

6. kraker

kraker Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    During a spring-clean in the winter, I found some more round 34 cards that I had not commented on yet.

astroclimb, parallels. Nice sunny city shot including art.
    megzdad81, white amaryllis, lovely low-key image.
    RandalCav, the boulder, very nice landscape shot with a very nice sky.

I know I have seen them before. Actually it is quite nice to misplace cards for a while, now I get to enjoy them once again, as if I just received them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.