Postcard Exchange Round 34 Comments and Feedback

Discussion in 'Postcard Exchange' started by George Nova Scotia, Feb 2, 2015.

1. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have to start out with an apology. I always like to recognize the hard work and creativity of everyone who participates in these Postcard Exchanges by acknowledging each card received and providing my comments. I really fell down on this with respect to this round (#34) and the next (#35) as well.

Based on what I can put my hands on, it seems I have received 17 of 24 cards. My comments follow. Where there isn’t a title on the card, I made up one that seemed appropriate. Hope you don’t mind :smile:.

drpsilver - Glowing Grass, Napa - The light just dances between the grasses here
    mooseontheloose - Kyoto in the Snow - Another gorgeous HIE shot - and printed wonderfully too
    mike c - Tree Bark and Rock - An interesting detail
    TXFZ1 - School’s Out - An interesting relic, well printed
    TheMissingLink - Tracks in the Field - Excellent sense of mystery and a fine print
    ozphoto - Never Again - A sobering reminder - thank you for a memorable card
    Randalcav - Boulder, Cadillac Mountain, Maine - A beautiful landscape, even if the “mountain” is kind of short :smile:. Nicely printed too
    megzdad81 - White Amaryllis - Nicely rendered delicate shapes and texture
    astroclimb - Parallels - An interesting choice of view
    adelorenzo - Pooley Canyon - Classic scene that looks great well printed on Ilford’s Art 300 paper
    MrBrowning - Phalaenopsis Orchid - The selective development really suits the subject
    labcoat - Near Loch Ness - Well composed, interesting and the print glows
    TheToadMen - My Town in Holland - A wonderful albumen print, and a generous thank you too - You Are Welcome
    JimO - Alien - A great choice of viewpoint
    Laurent - UFO? - I don’t know what it is, but it looks out of this world!
    kraker - Veluwsche Stoomtrein Maatschappij - Old trains make some of the best postcards, and this one is wonderful
    anikin - Portland Burnside Bridge - A neat bridge, and an excellent subject for a postcard

If you sent me a card, and it isn’t on this list, don’t blame yourself. I’ve probably misplaced it.

2. Laurent

Laurent Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Matt,

no, it's not an UFO (at least not advertised as such), but a view of the Atomium from inside the Atomium itself. I was hooked by the symetry of the view.

3. kraker

kraker Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It's never too late to receive a postcard from an earlier round - always a nice surprise.

This week I received Jake's (Black Dog) "drama of the objects". Your photos never cease to amaze me, it's always something special. In this case, surreal, dreamlike, and in colour. I like it, thanks!

4. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I too have received Black Dog's "drama of the object". A splash of subtle colour mixed with a little of the surreal.

Thanks Jake for persevering.

5. Laurent

Laurent Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I too received BlackDog's card, and really like it.

I also received Anikin's card some time ago, not sure I commented about it.

I may not have commented all cards I received, my apologies for this. I need to organize life around Photography and Music, and it's abcolutely not the case these months...

6. kraker

kraker Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    During a spring-clean in the winter, I found some more round 34 cards that I had not commented on yet.

astroclimb, parallels. Nice sunny city shot including art.
    megzdad81, white amaryllis, lovely low-key image.
    RandalCav, the boulder, very nice landscape shot with a very nice sky.

I know I have seen them before. Actually it is quite nice to misplace cards for a while, now I get to enjoy them once again, as if I just received them.