Pocket instamatic battery help

Discussion in 'Camera Building, Repairs & Modification' started by JCook0113, Jan 31, 2018.

1. JCook0113

JCook0113 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hey I just bought a kodak pocket instamatic 30 which takes a k battery and it was dead so I got 3 357 batteries, taped them together then got tin foil to conduct to the prongs. Do I have to do this everytime or is there a simpler way to get this camera to work. I have the k battery if there is any modification I can do with that. Thanks.

2. Bill Burk

Bill Burk Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I struggle with the K battery too. Often I'll just use the Pocket Instamatic 20 since it's fully mechanical.

I carved a wooden replica of the K battery and made it so it holds 3 A-76 batteries in a line. It works but not as elegant as I wanted.

3. OP
    OP
    JCook0113

JCook0113 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hahaha thats awesome, im not sure ill go to that extent though I might just buy a 35mm pocket camera once this stops working. Thanks though.

4. OP
    OP
    JCook0113

JCook0113 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Oh by the way when the battery was out the shutter still worked. Do you know what speed its at?

5. Born2Late

Born2Late Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    If you can find someone with access to CAD software and a rapid prototyping system you could potentially make a reusable battery holder for the 3 357 cells. I have the same situation and access to both but just haven't had the time to get to it.