Latest member
ocieb
Recent bookmarks
OP
OP

bags27

Shooter
Medium Format
Thanks all for these. I developed 3 rolls of Portra 400 within about a day with the same camera/lens combo. Only one roll had the leak. I do remember having some trouble loading one of the rolls into the reel and having to take it out and try again 3 or 4 times, which is really strange for me, as I've loaded hundreds of 120 rolls without difficult. I don't know what happened or whether it was that roll that produced these strange rings. Most of the photos came out unexceptional. Here:
alone with. path.jpg

eli griggs

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Are you using plastic or metal reels? If plastic, do you get binding or are they operating smoothly? Also are the problem exposures always at the beginning or end of the roll, or are they found randomly?

This is exactly what I'm thinking, having had seen similar markings on films developed on 'System Four' and older Patterson plastic reels.

I think the winding on action, can cause pressure points and 'qurinkels' in the film.

Steel reels may make similar markings but the Plastic, ball bearing reels is, as I recall, the major offender in this disorder.

IMO.

OP
OP

bags27

Shooter
Medium Format
This is exactly what I'm thinking, having had seen similar markings on films developed on 'System Four' and older Patterson plastic reels.

I think the winding on action, can cause pressure points and 'qurinkels' in the film.

Steel reels may make similar markings but the Plastic, ball bearing reels is, as I recall, the major offender in this disorder.

IMO.
Now thinking this may be right! Thanks!!

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom