Photo Techniques magazine - page down

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews, Shows & Contests' started by smellis, Feb 16, 2018.

1. smellis

smellis Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ahemm. This may be too antiquated an info source to lament, but I was perusing the stock of information and articles on the old Photo Techniques (Magazine) page a month or so ago - lots of inspirational and technical stuff on there. Of special note to me were a couple of purchasable ($4 bucks a piece) PDF "special issue/workshops" from teachers like david vestal and bruce barnbaum.
    Well I went to look again today, thinking to fork over the menial fee to commune with the words of these masterful fellows. Alas the site is down!! Gone forever? I hope not(!!).

Wondering I suppose if anyone has these PDF documents floating around their harddrive... just incase the site doesn't pop back up next month or something...

Bleh. Hoping it's not lost and gone forever.. not YET anyway.

2. Molli

Molli Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Groups:
    I actually bought two of the "Special Issues" a few weeks ago. I say "bought", but I really mean "gave them some money". Aside from a PayPal receipt, I've received no further contact from them. Given that I'm in Australia, the deliver system was different and, while they got a residential address from me, I had no idea whether to expect a hard copy or a link to a pdf file.
    I was giving it some time if it was the former - after all, it's a long way to row a boat to make deliveries - but after reading your post, I went back to the site. You're correct, it doesn't load and simply times out. For the record, Preston Publishing, the company responsible for providing these articles and back issues, had a website that has done precisely the same thing since I first tried to find out how I was going to receive the issues I bought. Photo Techniques' site was still working (and accepting money) until Thursday.
    Like you, I'd appreciate copies of those special issues if anyone has them and, if I can get my money back from Preston Publishing/Photo Technique, you can even have my refund of $10.54 with my gratitude!

3. pentaxuser

pentaxuser Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    It is not a great deal of money but the circumstances of what has happened would make me blazing mad. You have to have a cast-iron case for a refund from Paypal surely?

pentaxuser

4. dario

dario Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I'd like to get hold of Patrick Gainer's article on using anti-freeze, which appeared (I think) in the March-April 2004 issue. If anyone has it and can send me a scan, I'd much appreciate it. Thanks.

5. craigclu

craigclu Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've got it and will scan the article for you. I'll see what size it ends up at and post here or get to you by direct email to send it along.

6. craigclu

craigclu Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just scanned it and it was too large for the site to accept. It was in color tones that helped make it readable so the scan got bigger than the site can accept. If anyone is interested, let me know your address and I'll send a copy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.