NEW ADOTECH III DEVELOPER AVAILABLE

Discussion in '[Partner] ADOX' started by ADOX Fotoimpex, Apr 9, 2016.

1. pentaxuser

pentaxuser Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    [QUOTE="TheToadMen,
    So you can develop 90x4=360 films with this single order. :smile:[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for your explanation of the instructions which confirms my understanding of what I thought that Adotech III could do. It was the line I quote above that puzzled me but now I realise you were quoting the capacity of 90 units which were currently in stock in response to a previous poster who seemed to be concerned, maybe unnecessarily, about the Adotech III stock level.

pentaxuser

2. Pioneer

Pioneer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Still can't find any available in the US so if we need it I guess we order it from Europe or find a substitute.

3. miha

miha Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Or wait until April 7th.

4. wilsonlaidlaw

wilsonlaidlaw Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I have just been in touch with Mirko at ADOX and he thinks the Adotech III might be also be a nice developer for Silvermax 100 film, to enhance the grey gradation for folks who are hydroquinone intolerant like me. However it would require longer development times that CMS20-II, due to the considerably higher silver content, thicker emulsion and larger grain size but they have no actual development time data to give me. I will start at 9 minutes with 1:9 dilution at 24º and work up or down from that. I can use the knife on the tank to split a 36 exposure into three sections so I can try at 8, 9 and 10 minutes. Someone else I was taking to, recommended a few drops of white vinegar in the first stop bath, for a faster stop, to prevent differential development at the centre of the reel. Given that I have super-hard water in France (around 190 ppm), this seems like a good idea.

As far as using 20 ISO film being difficult to impossible to use off a tripod, for years my father managed perfectly well, with his Leica IIIa and 5cm/f2 Summar, with Kodachrome 1 in the north of Scotland in the 1950's, which was only 10 ASA. It was not until 1961 that the faster 25 ASA came out followed by the rather grainy Kodachrome X 64 ASA in 1962.

Wilson

5. TheToadMen

TheToadMen Subscriber

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    Please let us know how it went.

6. Lachlan Young

Lachlan Young Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Or just use a normal indicator acid stop - it works in about 10s, whether the Ilford citric one or the Kodak acetic one.

7. wilsonlaidlaw

wilsonlaidlaw Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I have had contact with someone who tried it. Apparently the end results were terminally soft. Everything in middling shades of grey. He recommended the Tetenal version of Rodinal, Paranol S. This is HQ-free so usable by me. I have ordered some rolls of Silvermax for delivery to my UK house to where I am going back from France for a week at the end of this month. The same friend who advised me about his failure with Adotech III, says he is sure he has a spare Rondinax tank in his attic somewhere. He is going to look it out, check it is all in working order and lend it to me to see if I get on with it (I gave my Essex version away over 20 years ago when I became HQ intolerant) and was not taking a lot of B&W at the time anyway. If I get on with it, we will come to some arrangement, probably involving a bottle of vintage port or similar.

8. OP
    OP
    ADOX Fotoimpex

ADOX Fotoimpex Partner Partner

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Rodinal is ofcourse as Hydroquinone free as its clones.