Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuyuik
Recent bookmarks

Hatchetman

Format
Multi Format
I'll hold my son a little tighter tonight as I think of your son.

I can't imagine the pain you must be going through.

OP
OP
Vaughn

Vaughn

Subscriber
Format
Large Format
Thank you for all your kind thoughts and words.

I'm heading quickly towards being 64...like most, I carry a certain amount of aches and pains from an active life that are the results from accidents and/or failure of various body parts. This is one more ache I'll always carry, one I hoped I'd never have. But it is only an ache because of the love and wonder of Calder, so I will gladly bear it even through tears.

Thank you, again.

Sean

Admin
Admin
Format
Multi Format
Thoughts are with you and your family Vaughn, so sorry to hear this.

Old-N-Feeble

Format
Multi Format
Vaughn, you have just a few years on me. I won't be so bold as to offer advice other than to say, we all can control some things in our lives... others we simply cannot. We go through many painful things in our lives. Letting go is certainly the most painful. But it must be done because we have no other choice. Remember the good times. Don't dwell on sad times.

36cm2

Format
Large Format
Vaughn, my deepest condolences to you and your family. I recall seeing an exhibit of yours a few years ago, or perhaps some separate images from around the same time as that exhibit, with what I suspected were your children among the towering trees. I remember thinking aloud what a wonderful and fortunate family image it was. I wish you great strength in keeping the best of your son and your times together in your heart and mind. My thoughts are with you.

Leo

RattyMouse

Format
Multi Format
He was not a member here, but he appeared in a few of my images. He committed suicide a month ago. Twenty years is far to short of a life, but for him it got to be too long. Rest in peace.

He and his brothers were/are my muse. I had all three boys together briefly this summer -- too brief for a photo together...I thought I would have more time, another chance. I just spent 3 weeks in Japan with Alex, and Bryce is traveling in Central America for another week. I will have both boys together briefly on the 15th in Berkeley. I'll take their photo.

Vaugn,

My heart breaks for your loss. May you and your entire family find some semblance of peace. Your son would want that for you.

Please be a rock of strength for all your family.

You have my sympathy.

RM

Dinesh

Subscriber
Format
Multi Format
Vaughn, as a parent I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through. You have my deepest sympathies.

Stephen Prunier

Subscriber
Format
Multi Format
Vaughn. I'm so sorry to hear this. Nothing said can replace the void you have in your heart. I hope that, knowing others are keeping you and your family in their thought's, will help to ease your pain, even if it's only for a minute or two.

We'll be here for you whenever needed

gary in nj

Format
35mm
What a lovely tribute, thank you for sharing. I hope you and your family find peace.

Sarath

Format
35mm
Vaughn, I am so sorry for your loss. You have my condolences and sympathy.

Warmest regards and wishes for the best for the future.

May God bless his soul and give eternal peace in afterlife.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom