Leica Basics: In Need of Some Leica Education

Discussion in 'Rangefinder Forum' started by arealitystudios, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Ko.Fe.

Ko.Fe. Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Where is no charts to compare lens rendering and character. You are capable of seeing it or you do resolution charts.
    And I wouldn't take Canon P for free. Don't need more knock-offs. I have FED-2 already. :smile:

2. bdial

bdial Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The Japanese rangefinders are much more refined that the Russian ones. I've had a FED and currently have a Canon L2 as well as a Nicca (Barnack clone), and aside from the fact that they are all rangefinders and use 35mm film, there is nothing comparable Japanese cameras and the FED.

3. Ko.Fe.

Ko.Fe. Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Canon rangefinders are not as ugly as Zorki-4, but they have no appeal. Just boring tools to get boring pictures where only sharpness is important for the owner. FED-2 is sexy. And J-3 has soul, which Japanese optics has none.

4. cliveh

cliveh Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm RF

Tip 5 was something I had never considered, but how true if you use digital.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.