Kodak new super 8 camera

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by amellice, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Chan Tran

Chan Tran Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm
    I used to (not any more) have the Beaulieu 5008s and I doubt that this new Super 8 is any better than that.

2. iandvaag

iandvaag Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    +1!

3. Theo Sulphate

Theo Sulphate Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've always been fond of Kodak and I wish them success. When the camera was first mentioned it did make me think Kodak was doing what they traditionally have done: making products for the average consumer. But clearly those people like us (film enthusiasts on Photrio) are not representative of the market for this new camera. That's fine - we're most certainly too small.

4. trendland

trendland Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    [QUOTE="Theo Sulphate, post: 203
    But clearly those people like us (film enthusiasts on Photrio) are not representative of the market for this new camera. That's fine - we're most certainly too small.[/QUOTE]

Indeed that's THE point. I have more than some doubts that Kodak is able to sell more than 500 higher priced Super8
    cameras in total within several years
    (WORDWIDE).
    With a much cheaper priced camera from Kodak I have also doubts - if the demand to this new equipment will be respectable higher.......:cry::cry::cry:.
    But this boths are true facts (to me).
    It seams so that Kodak realized this issue also (meanwile).
    So we will not see a new Super8 Camera
    from Kodak ( we should better realize it these days).
    But in addition let me state at last :
    I have no doubts that Kodak is able to sell more than 5000 Super8 Ektachromes /week (worldwide) during the first time (after reintroducing within the next weeks).
    So everything is fine to you all ?

with regards

PS : IF anybody is looking foreward for
    filming Super8 with Ektachromes in the nearest future without having equipment:
    " So hurry up because - there are lots of cheaper used Super8 Cameras avaible today"
    And nowbody is able to guarantee if cheap Super8 equipment in good condition will be NOT sold out within some month. But it is a good question if we ever will have a new Super8 "boom".
    I don't believe this - but used Super8 cameras will be definitivly higher priced next.

5. trendland

trendland Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    By the time : You are planning to use Ektachromes Super8 films next ?
    You want to have high resolution video from your films via Kodak server ?
    What about the films Kodak will sent back to you?
    Then it is nice to have a good projector in addition :
    Look at this machine :
    beaulieu-708-el-super-sound-projector_360_66ca37bfdcb4e9427d5da890d3b4572f.jpg
    beaulieu-708-el-super-sound-projector_360_66ca37bfdcb4e9427d5da890d3b4572f(2).jpg

The best ever built!

with regards

PS : Not realy cheap - but today it is still avaible on ebay (some times) - this machine will also see much higher pricing the next month (good investment
    to real experts)

6. Theo Sulphate

Theo Sulphate Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    That is nice.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.