Members
Latest member
Cyanotypeworld
Recent bookmarks

OldReliable

Shooter
35mm
Hey Photrio,

I’ve been on a Zappa listening kick lately and stumbled upon him and the Mothers first album, Freak Out!. I like the album, but what really stood out was the cover. I love the crazy colors that were added after the photo was taken. I’m 100% certain that it was shot on plain old B&W neg like Tri-X, but I’m really curious what process was used to achieve what I see on the finished product. Dead Link Removed

Thanks,
OldReliable

OP
OP

OldReliable

Shooter
35mm
Thanks for the quick reply! It’s sad that Colorvir isn’t around anymore, because I’d buy some in a heartbeat seeing all the cool effects it can produce. Are there any modern toners that come anywhere close to getting that look?

tezzasmall

Shooter
Plastic Cameras
This has just reminded me that I bought a second hand Colorvir kit a few years ago and have it stashed under my enlarger table. I MUST get it out and have a go, presuming all the chemicals don't have a set lifetime. The only time I saw it used was at college, about 20 years ago, and even then it looked like an amazing set of processes worth trying = very psychedelic from memory. :smile:

Terry S

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
The OP's URL does not work.

pentaxuser

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
Can it be coincidence that this link and the Ferrania link have stopped working unless you click on the link on the error page. Links in the past seem to work OK Has something changed in the Photrio set-up?

pentaxuser

CMoore

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
It works if click once more on the link provided on the error page.

Could this also be Posterization?

:Niranjan.
I cannot click anything in the OP.
What or where is "The error page".?
Thank You

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom