Members
Latest member
GRInfratech
Recent bookmarks

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I lost count of the lenses I have. I have many more lenses than cameras and I just got two more this week.

benveniste

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
The Pronea is APS, no? That‘s an unusual format in 2023. How do you use it?

Yes it's APS, and the format is about as dead as Kodak Disc. Well, I still have 2 or 3 cartridges of unexposed film in the freezer, and at some point this year I'll run a cartridge through it, but there's no real reason to use it except whim.

bimmey

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Well it looks like I can have quite a few more before I feel like a hoarder. Just don't ask how many cats I have.

Olympus XA
Vittessa T
Fed 2 (2)
Zorki 3M
Iskra 2
Leica M4-2
Olympus OM4TI
Contax RTSII

logan2z

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
I think I posted earlier in this thread but I've added a couple of other cameras since then.

The current lineup is:

Leica M-A
Leica M4
Leica M2
Nikon FM
Nikon FT-3
Hasselblad 500 C/M
Pentax KX, silver
Pentax KX, black

I'll probably let one of the KXs go, I don't need both of them (I don't really need either of them but, you know...🙂)

MurrayMinchin

Membership Council
Council
Shooter
Hybrid
Two; a Pentax K1000 (because I had to buy a 35mm camera for a college photography course) and a Wista 4x5 field camera I had bought years earlier.

The Wista was ordered from Zone VI in the early 1980's after seeing their ad in a photography magazine. I'd never seen a large format camera 'in the flesh' before it arrived in the mail.

Last edited:

Spruece

Shooter
35mm
Apparently, I do not yet own enough film cameras
Recent purchase of a thrift store barely used Nikon F3- with seasoned citizen discount- triggered the purchase of a Nikon EM and a couple of Nikon MF lenses, a Minolta SRT 202, Instamatic 404, Instamatic Reflex, 1x Ukraine Kiev 88 with 80mm, a 127mm RB lens and most recently: 3x Thrift store POLAROID 600 cameras.

F3 also triggered the purchase of my first DSLR: A Used Nikon D3300 with a 45-shutter count.

Whatever I may have saved when I purchased the F3 was more than made up spending on other cameras after buying the Nikon.

Never sold my pre-digital purchased cameras:
2x Minolta SRT 101 and lenses
Minolta X-700
1x Soviet Kiev 88 with 80mm and 30mm
Mamiya RZ 67; 50mm, 90mm, 250mm
Seagull TLR
Yashica T3
Ricoh KR5 Super II -body needs service as mechanical shutter mechanism worked prior to indoor storage while inoperative after retrieval from storage.
Calumet 4x5

Attachments

• F3  as found.jpg
    F3 as found.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

waynecrider

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
16 total which includes 2 working 16mm. The rest is 35mm.
Favorites; Nikkormat FT2; Minolta XG-M; Canon FTB QL.

Shooter
DSLR
I currently have 6. Pentax ME Super (MIA at the moment) Nikomat FtN, Nikon FE, Nikon FA, Nikon F3HP, Nikon F4S. They all work and were mostly bought on Fleabag. The F3 I got on KEH. I also have 3 Canon EOS digitals, 70D, 80D and 5DMk3. I love them all. LoL

SchwinnParamount

Subscriber
Shooter
4x5 Format
Maybe ask how many manufacturers I have: Nikon, Canon, Yashika, Olympus, Contax, Leica, Voightlander, pentax, sony, fuji, Mamiya, Beronica, Graphic (crown), Hasselblad, Burke & James, Deardorff. I have multiples in many of these manufacturers. I've used all of them but are settling down with 35mm and 6x7.

Spruece

Shooter
35mm
Maybe ask how many manufacturers I have: Nikon, Canon, Yashika, Olympus, Contax, Leica, Voightlander, pentax, sony, fuji, Mamiya, Beronica, Graphic (crown), Hasselblad, Burke & James, Deardorff. I have multiples in many of these manufacturers. I've used all of them but are settling down with 35mm and 6x7.

What 6x7 do you use?

ericB&W

Shooter
35mm
Reflex, 7 Nikon, 5 Canon , 2 Kiev 60 m.f.
range finder, Zeiss Contessa and Fed II , Superikonta 531
1 Voigtlander Perkeo
pocket cameras Rollei 35 t, Nikon L35 af, Yashica t5. Ricoh FF1, Leica minizoom, Minolta afc,
toy cameras , Lomo lca, Agat 18 and Holga .120 n., Fuji instax wide .

Last edited:

mtnbkr

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
SLR: Canon FT, Canon New F1 AE
Rangefinder: Canon VT
Viewfinder/Scale-Focus: Rollei A110, Kodak Brownie Hawkeye (620/120), and soon a Kodak Hawkeye Instamatic 110.

Chris

HooMe

Shooter
35mm RF
There were 120, but I got so stressed I resolved to cut back and after eBay sales and charity donations I'm currently down around 80. Somehow new cams still sneak in, but the rule now is 2 out, 1 in.

After years as an auction bottom feeder, I've finally realised (a) quality trumps quantity and (b) I'd rather be shooting film than fixing broken cameras.

Why so many? Fascination with the incredible mechanics of the 1950s and 1960s cameras. Hearing a Compur or Copal shutter firing at 1/30 does it for me...

Favourites? Voigtlander, Retina, Minolta, Olympus but on the basis that the best camera is the one you're carrying, I'd settle for my Minox 35 EL which I bought new in 1978.

Spruece

Shooter
35mm
There were 120, but I got so stressed I resolved to cut back and after eBay sales and charity donations I'm currently down around 80. Somehow new cams still sneak in, but the rule now is 2 out, 1 in.

After years as an auction bottom feeder, I've finally realised (a) quality trumps quantity and (b) I'd rather be shooting film than fixing broken cameras.

Why so many? Fascination with the incredible mechanics of the 1950s and 1960s cameras. Hearing a Compur or Copal shutter firing at 1/30 does it for me...

Favourites? Voigtlander, Retina, Minolta, Olympus but on the basis that the best camera is the one you're carrying, I'd settle for my Minox 35 EL which I bought new in 1978.

Not so unusual. Visit www.tapeheads.net to find folks who collect hundreds of cassette tape decks. A visit to www.watchuseek.com may turn up folks who collect hundreds of watches. Quality trumps quantity in those sites, as well.

HooMe

Shooter
35mm RF
Not so unusual. Visit www.tapeheads.net to find folks who collect hundreds of cassette tape decks. A visit to www.watchuseek.com may turn up folks who collect hundreds of watches. Quality trumps quantity in those sites, as well.

Thanks, I feel so much better for that! I have only 1 cassette deck and 1 watch and that's not going to change - and I will NOT revisit those sites...

Shooter
DSLR

😀. Awesome!

• Sigint
  • Deleted

ant!

Shooter
Multi Format
SLR (35mm):
Minolta SR-T 102 (black), XE7 (black), XD7 (silver 1st gen), XD (black last new logo gen), X570, X600. Quite a few lenses, flashes, motor drive etc.
Minolta Maxxum 7 with battery grip and a few basic lenses
a Praktika (forgot which model, got for free from relatives and never shot it, kept only because of the logo is a building in my hometown...)

other (35mm):
Minolta Weathermatic 35DL
Minolta Hi-Matic 7s II
Agfa Ambi Silette rangefinder with the 3 lenses of the frame lines
Olympus Stylus Epic DLX
Canon Demi EE17
Zeiss Jena Werra (first model, from my grandfather, needs a CLA)
Kodak Retina (I think a II)
(and to throw on the market a Canonet QL17 GIII)

Medium format:
Minolta Autocord (LMX version)
Pentax 645n and 645 with plenty lenses
Fuji GW690II (new to me and in a rough outer state, but probably just new light seals needed)

So yeah, more then 10 and less then 100. I guess a few of the "other 35mm" have to go. Let's see how I like the GW690, if it stays. Love my Minoltas!

TheFlyingCamera

Membership Council
Council
Shooter
Multi Format
Entirely too many. Some collector pieces (not necessarily in terms of value, just shelf queens that fill a niche), most users though. All formats from 35mm to 14x17. So like others here, more than 10, less than 100. If you count lenses in addition to cameras, then possibly over 100. But I'd have to do an inventory.

Petrochemist

Shooter
Multi Format
I believe currently about 50, many brought as much for the lens(es) bundled with them than the camera itself. My latest a quarter plate SLR from ~1930 fits this bill. The lens is a nice Cooke Anastigmat that will easily cover 4x5, and typically sells for 2-3x what I paid for the camera.
The camera may eventually end up seeing use as well, but needs a bit of attention first.

Brad Deputy

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
2 that I regularly use; an OM4ti with about 10 various lenses, and my beloved mint Olympus EE-2 half frame.

The 4ti is basically mint too, but since it sat around it's entire life I needed zuiko.com to unstick the shutter which was firing several blank frames per roll.

These cameras don't sit around, I put several rolls a month thru each.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom