Has anyone developed AGFA Aviphot Dia C?

Discussion in 'Plate Cameras and Accessories' started by vesselingeorgieff, May 15, 2016.

1. vesselingeorgieff

vesselingeorgieff Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hello, I just got a pack of 19x19cm glass plates made by Agfa. The label just says Aviphot Dia C and no other information is available. I googled it and only understood that this is aerial photo material, possibly reversible.

Has anyone have experience with this material -- exposure, development, etc.?

Thank you,
    Vesselin
    dia c.jpg

2. gorbas

gorbas Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm Pan
    Yes, I did a few enlarged slides with it, maybe 25-30 years ago. Treated it as any regular enlarging paper, it was around grade 2. Processed it in then my regular positive developer ORWO N120. Used glass cutter in darkroom to cut smaller pieces for exposure tests.
    Beautifully crafted glass optical plates. Ideal for negative carriers, filters, contact printers etc. Most likely I have in my binders, sheet of paper with instruction that come with it.
    Have fun with it!

3. OP
    OP
    vesselingeorgieff

vesselingeorgieff Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thank you very much, Gorbas! The glass seems to be very hard to cut, tried already to make it 6.5x9 cm and damaged one plate. What ISO shall I asume for starting point for test? 4 - 6 or higher?

4. gorbas

gorbas Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm Pan
    I just made a few pieces from it for the tests with out trying to be precise in size. I have no idea how sensitive it was or how long exposure was. It was very similar to any paper i tried before that. If you have plenty of them then just expose whole sheet. Bad one will be perfect for DYS project involving optical glass. By now that material is very, very old.

5. OP
    OP
    vesselingeorgieff

vesselingeorgieff Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks, Gorbas! Will experiment and share, if any result.

6. gorbas

gorbas Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm Pan
    Hi Vesselin, did you find this instruction inside the box
    Agfa003.jpg

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  7. OP
    OP
    vesselingeorgieff

vesselingeorgieff Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    At first - no, I did not know the safelight so I opened and worked in total darkness. Now I found it, thank you! Just exposed first two plates @ 12 and 6 ISO, will go for ORWO N-120. GP 251 looks easy to mix, will give it a try also. Thank you once again!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.