Latest member
ordunha
Recent bookmarks
OP
OP

Huss

Shooter
Multi Format
Hi Huss - No conversations of late in my Inbox. A few days ago there was something about "Huss opened a CHAT with you" but when I went to CHAT, nothing was there.

Best,
-Tim

I got a couple of the Kodak Flings left. PM me your deets and I'll send them over.

Timmyjoe

Shooter
35mm RF
I got a couple of the Kodak Flings left. PM me your deets and I'll send them over.
Okay, now I see what y'all are talking about. A Kodak Fling 110. Well that's "interesting". Would definitely qualify as LoFi.

Thanks for the offer Huss, very generous, but I think I'm good.

s-l400.jpg

Best,
-Tim

mtnbkr

Shooter
Multi Format
So, I finally finished a roll in the A110 and got it developed. I shot Lomo Purple. Nothing specific, just random shots around my area to get a feel for the camera and confirm functionality. I think the Purple makes for some interesting shots in 110. Now that functionality is confirmed, I'm letting the battery sit in the camera for a few days to gauge the voltage drop. The battery measured at 5.6v yesterday, we'll see what it's at Sunday.

Enjoying the camera, thanks @Huss!

Cannon in Old Towne:
000423910005.jpg

Dam fishermen:
000423910011.jpg

Old cemetery in the woods (that's one of fresher burials there):
000423910016.jpg

No Trespassing (local quarry):
000423910024.jpg

OP
OP

Huss

Shooter
Multi Format
p.s. please post those pics in the 110 image quality thread! Seriously how awesome is that lens?

mtnbkr

Shooter
Multi Format
p.s. please post those pics in the 110 image quality thread! Seriously how awesome is that lens?

I know, right? Pics posted in the 110 thread.

I'm taking this camera on my trip to the Southwest week after next. I'm hoping to get some funky desert scenes with Lomo Purple (the only 110 film I have at the moment). I've got two more rolls and I'm taking both.

Chris

mtnbkr

Shooter
Multi Format
Well damn.

Battery usage hasn't been bad, but recently it started killing batteries faster than before. After the last 6v battery died unexpectedly, I decided to try the trick of using 3xLR44 and 1 LR45 batteries (much cheaper option). That fit fine and the battery check light indicated success. The next morning, however, the check light is again dead AND the batteries have expanded, making removal impossible. :sad:

It's on my bench at the moment and I'll see if I can tease out the battery tray, but I suspect the rapid increase in battery consumption indicates a worsening problem.

BTW, I noticed the little slide door lens cover doesn't quite close all the way, staying gapped by a hair. I wonder if the meter shut-off is connected to that door, which would imply the meter is running the entire time. That would account for the battery consumption. If I can get it apart, I may try cleaning the moving surfaces and see if that addresses it.

I still have 6 rolls of 110 film to shoot.

Chris

Cholentpot

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
My A110 has a an issue that I've been working to overcome. If you don't shoot the frame after opening it seems the roll 'unwinds' and it take a bunch of opening and closings the re-tension the cassette. More study will have to commence.

OP
OP

Huss

Shooter
Multi Format
Well damn.

Battery usage hasn't been bad, but recently it started killing batteries faster than before. After the last 6v battery died unexpectedly, I decided to try the trick of using 3xLR44 and 1 LR45 batteries (much cheaper option). That fit fine and the battery check light indicated success. The next morning, however, the check light is again dead AND the batteries have expanded, making removal impossible. :sad:

It's on my bench at the moment and I'll see if I can tease out the battery tray, but I suspect the rapid increase in battery consumption indicates a worsening problem.

BTW, I noticed the little slide door lens cover doesn't quite close all the way, staying gapped by a hair. I wonder if the meter shut-off is connected to that door, which would imply the meter is running the entire time. That would account for the battery consumption. If I can get it apart, I may try cleaning the moving surfaces and see if that addresses it.

I still have 6 rolls of 110 film to shoot.

Chris

I really doubt that it is connected to that lens cover. But it most probably is connected to some sort of switch when the camera is fully opened. Perhaps that is sticking? And maybe got unstuck for a while when you got it, because it was eating batteries when I had it. And did it all of a sudden.

mtnbkr

Shooter
Multi Format
I really doubt that it is connected to that lens cover. But it most probably is connected to some sort of switch when the camera is fully opened. Perhaps that is sticking? And maybe got unstuck for a while when you got it, because it was eating batteries when I had it. And did it all of a sudden.

Quite possible. I remember when I got it, I put a battery in and monitored the voltage drop over a period of a week or so. It wasn't all that bad (couple tenths of a volt), so I just popped the battery out between uses, but now it'll kill a battery overnight if I don't take it out (which means I'll also kill a battery in a long day). As recently as late June, a battery could sit in it for a week and still work fine.

If I get it apart, I'll look for the contacts in that circuit and see if a little emery paper work or something will sort it out.

Chris

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom