Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenshi Daito
Recent bookmarks

Huss

Shooter
Multi Format
Ok, so one of my Rollei A110s has suddenly become a battery muncher. Not sure what happened, but it drains batteries and never used to.
Now, I guess you could take the battery out between shots...

Anyway, I'm hoping it is a very simple fix, because this really is an awesome camera. And with that I am offering it up free for the price of USPS Priority mail shipping to whoever wants it.
With the stipulation that you had to be an active posting participant - photos not just snide comments! - on this very thread.

So jumping in to say "my 35mm camera takes better pics" does not get you the Rollei, but may get you a swift kick in the groin from Captain Obvious.

Cholentpot

Subscriber
Shooter
35mm
Just drown it in Ronsonol. Seems to work for everything else

mtnbkr

Shooter
Multi Format
I'd love to have the A110. I've been looking for one at a good price to give 110 a try. I don't mind taking the battery out between uses.

How's this for lo-fi, taken with my Brownie Hawkeye and Lomo Metropolis:

Attachments

• 000130060001.jpg
    000130060001.jpg
    913.1 KB · Views: 44

mtnbkr

Shooter
Multi Format
Same camera, Lomo Purple, local FD:

Attachments

• 000128820007.jpg
    000128820007.jpg
    897.7 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP

Huss

Shooter
Multi Format
I'd love to have the A110. I've been looking for one at a good price to give 110 a try. I don't mind taking the battery out between uses.

How's this for lo-fi, taken with my Brownie Hawkeye and Lomo Metropolis:

Dood, you gotta send me your address, otherwise I'm going to blow that $10 on cheap cigars and expensive women.

Sirius Glass

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Dood, you gotta send me your address, otherwise I'm going to blow that $10 on cheap cigars and expensive women.

Do you have a problem with cheap or easy women?

momus

Subscriber
Shooter
Medium Format
Just drown it in Ronsonol. Seems to work for everything else.

Lighter fluid has been my go-to chemical for all manner of things, as it nearly always frees up leaf shutters and metal aperture/shutter blades.

mtnbkr

Shooter
Multi Format
The camera arrived today (coast to coast in 3 days!). Alas, no cheap cigars or expensive women included, but the camera is an adorable little brick that I can't wait to put to use. :smile:

Thanks!

Chris

OP
OP

Huss

Shooter
Multi Format
The camera arrived today (coast to coast in 3 days!). Alas, no cheap cigars or expensive women included, but the camera is an adorable little brick that I can't wait to put to use. :smile:

Thanks!

Chris

Whaat didn't the surprise gift arrive w it?

OP
OP

Huss

Shooter
Multi Format
You mean the little yellow box?

Chris

"Yellow box?!" (spits out his grape nuts and reaches for his walker in a fit of fury)

That Sir, is perhaps the most underrated piece of...photographic apparatus known to man. Pro tip - tear open the box, remove the film (it's toast) but you can reload the camera and use it au naturelle. No need to worry about battery drainage! I actually tested one like that, and in good sunshine it makes remarkably nice and sharp images at about 10-15/20 feet.

mtnbkr

Shooter
Multi Format
"Yellow box?!" (spits out his grape nuts and reaches for his walker in a fit of fury)

That Sir, is perhaps the most underrated piece of...photographic apparatus known to man. Pro tip - tear open the box, remove the film (it's toast) but you can reload the camera and use it au naturelle. No need to worry about battery drainage! I actually tested one like that, and in good sunshine it makes remarkably nice and sharp images at about 10-15/20 feet.

O Rly?

I didn't realize it was a camera until last night. I thought it was a roll of film in a marketing-oriented container. :D

The expiration date is concerning, but it is definitely dead or just pining for the fjords? I'm tempted to make a go of it.

So, you can reload it, eh? I have a couple Lomo 110 cartridges en route, do you think it'll burst into flames if I load a competitor's film into it? :D

Chris

OP
OP

Huss

Shooter
Multi Format
I tried the film. Look I’m a film slut and make excuses for pretty much anything that reacts to light… but this was deader than trying to revive a piece of coal and thinking a pterodactyl would emerge.. literally nada. But u can reuse the camera bit, put a red dot on it and take it to Leica meets. Watch for the aneurisms.

mtnbkr

Shooter
Multi Format
I tried the film. Look I’m a film slut and make excuses for pretty much anything that reacts to light… but this was deader than trying to revive a piece of coal and thinking a pterodactyl would emerge.. literally nada. But u can reuse the camera bit, put a red dot on it and take it to Leica meets. Watch for the aneurisms.
Heh. Ok, I'll load it up with Lomo Purple (two rolls to be delivered today!). Aneurysms for everyone! :D

Chris

Timmyjoe

Shooter
35mm RF
For those of us "not in the know" please post a picture and description of this "Yellow Box" y'all are talking' about.

Thanks,
-Tim

Timmyjoe

Shooter
35mm RF
Tim - I pm'd you a while back. Check your Inbox/conversations

Hi Huss - No conversations of late in my Inbox. A few days ago there was something about "Huss opened a CHAT with you" but when I went to CHAT, nothing was there.

Best,
-Tim

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom