Members
Latest member
philipandre
Recent bookmarks
Shooter
Medium Format
Hi Friends,

I want to make 8x10 contact prints.

Yesterday i have mixed my own film and paper developer and i did some testing with both:

Paper developer: Ansco 120
Film Developer: D76H

The Test with Ansco was to find the exposure Time to reach maximum Black the result is 25 Seconds with f16 and the enlarger head from my focomat iia on the highest position with a grade 3 filter in the negative carrier.

I did not dilute the Developer to 1:3 as in the receipe instead i used stock, i have to retest everything again with diluted version to see if the developer will work because the room temperature is only 15 deg celsius, but that is not the problem.

The problem is my second test.

I messured a evenly lit white wall at iso 100 and increase the developing time so i took a shoot of the wall on one half of the sheetfilm fomapan 100 with zone -1 the other with zone 0 the second sheet with zone 1 and zone 2

In my jobo cpe on high speed setting i developed both films as follows

Everything on 20 deg c
5 min prewash, 6 min dev, i stopped rotation on 5:30 to poor the developer out and put acetic acid stop for 20 sec. Then i fixed the film in plain hypo for 10 min.

The result ist: my developed zone 0 falls on -1 !

Have i overexposed the sheets? is the real speed of fomapan film 200 iso or have i overdeveloped by one stop?

The difference between 0 and 1 is not big but there is a difference

The difference from 1 to zone 2 i also very small the first big difference is from 1 to zone two.

I hope you can understand my writing because english is not my native language.

Thanks for help.

Pentode

Shooter
Multi Format
Dragan, it can be very difficult to find a starting point with only a plain, white wall as your subject. I suggest trying to do your test using a scene that has a wide range of zones available to you so you have a little bit more to reference when you look at your results.

One thing I can tell you about Fomapan 100, though, is that contrast builds very quickly of you overdevelop or over agitate so it's best to build up slowly when you're testing.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom