Completed - Proceeds to APUG Broken down Korona Home Portrait 8x10

Discussion in '[Classifieds] All Proceeds to PHOTRIO' started by michaelorr, Mar 18, 2016.

1. michaelorr

michaelorr Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Would like to sell with proceeds to APUG. Not sure how this is meant to occur, but i would receive the funds in paypal (which i have never done before), and ship the item using :The UPS STORE: to pack and ship, and then transfer whatever is in my Paypal account to the apug paypal. This for US/Candada shipping only. For foreign, i would want to work out an arrangement regarding the cost of shipping.

APUG is the most amazing place for experience, and art and unbelievable technical knowledge. Its future is in our hands.

About the camera, i will post a few photos. The camera is old, has that old patina which i did not care to remove but with my experience on a Korona 4x5 it will clean up well. The wood seems to be solid. The movements all work. There is a tightening post and nut that is missing from the rear swing, can be seen in photo Korona_4. The photos will also confirm that the bellows is in desperate need of replacement if this is ever to be used to make a photo. The ground glass has a big chunk missing from one corner. See Korona 6 - there is no extension rail that can be fitted to this camera. The rack out distance appears to be about 17 inches

I would like to see (for US/Canada) APUG receive at least $100 total payment.

If someone would like to make APUG even better, make a better offer. If i get a firm commitment via PM, i will not wait too much longer for a better offer.

REMEMBER - ALL proceeds to APUG for US/CANADA, meaning that i am flat donating all proceeds, to APUG, so the shipping cost comes out of my pocket.

I want this camera out of my house, and in the hands of someone who will do right by it, and APUG to benefit. Get something great and do something great all in one action!

>michael

Attached Files:

2. OP
    OP
    michaelorr

michaelorr Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Transaction underway! 58 viewed - pretty nice, thanks for interest. >michael

3. Old-N-Feeble

Old-N-Feeble Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Someone got a very good deal. Kudos to you for the donation. :smile:

4. OP
    OP
    michaelorr

michaelorr Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Thanks O-N-F. APUG wins. And the camera wins - it is going to a very good home for which i am most thankful. It probably does need a lot of work, and a lens board. If anyone knows of a lens board source about 8 15/16 outer edge, squared corners PLEASE POST HERE.

5. Old-N-Feeble

Old-N-Feeble Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    EDITED... I thought I knew what other camera uses the same boards but I'm probably wrong.

6. OP
    OP
    michaelorr

michaelorr Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Transaction completed - proceeds forwarded to APUG to keep up the excellence of this great site. Thanks to all who viewed.