Members
Latest member
Anthony_
Recent bookmarks

Rick A

Subscriber
Shooter
Large Format
I've been charged with the daunting task of clearing out the darkroom of someone who passed away several months ago.
I also am in charge of cataloging his photo equipment and selling everything to satisfy the estate.
I will put up some of the items from the darkroom here later on, but I thought some of you may find these items interesting, I am not selling these, the fixers are NIB, from 1990 and quite yellow with much precipitate on the bottom of the bottles. Everything else seems to be usable.
41210677770_8c11438468_z_d.jpg
42970990642_8075a0c149_z_d.jpg

David Lyga

Council
Shooter
35mm
Not too interesting for me. My darkroom has chemicals from the 60s and 70s. Thus, these, as you present, seem 'new' to me. For the rapid fix, simply strain the debris out (sulphur) and it will work just as well as it always worked (Did I just say something obscene?) - David Lyga

Fritzthecat

Shooter
Large Format
Personally, I would use that fixer as fertilizer in my garden. I'm sure my Rhododendron and Wisteria would appreciate the food.

AgX

Shooter
Multi Format
I never heard of the Yankee and Hustler brands. And I am not sure about FR either.
I guess that Yankee one is something household related.

photog_ed

Subscriber
Shooter
Large Format
I never heard of the Yankee and Hustler brands. And I am not sure about FR either.

That Yankee bottle has the same logo as the popular developing tanks. FR is a brand I remember from the 60s and 70s.

OP
OP
Rick A

Rick A

Subscriber
Shooter
Large Format
Hustler darkroom products have been gone for quite a while now, Yankee has been around for decades, still make daylight developing tanks. The bottle in the photo is NOS unopened film dryer and conditioner. I'll try the Edwal print flattener some time, I used a similar product years ago and it worked well. Helps FB prints stay flat after using a heated or unheated ferrotype. Dilution is 1.5oz per one gallon solution, replenishable and good for up to 2500 hobby prints according to the label.

darkroommike

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
  • FR used to be big, the company made a series of chemicals and developer equipment.
  • Yankee makes universal developing tanks for both roll film and sheet film and the chemical shown is Yankee Instant Film Dryer (psst, it's mostly isopropanal).
  • Hustler Rapid Bath is a wash aid, similar to Heico Perma Wash of other liquid concentrate wash aids.

OP
OP
Rick A

Rick A

Subscriber
Shooter
Large Format
Found under the bathroom sink yesterday. The bottle on the left is still factory sealed.
41256244160_5e4f0c17ac_z_d.jpg

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom