CART HELP PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Ultra Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by gerryyaum, Mar 2, 2016.

1. John Koehrer

John Koehrer Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Something to consider is wheel size. The baby joggers use a pneumatic tire of a size that deals
    with bumps & obstructions far better than hard rubber wheels.
    Another advantage is the tricycle format. It's a lot easier to deal with than either two OR four wheeled carts
    If you don't think the fabric seat is sturdy enough, it shouldn't be a problem to make of have made
    a metal frame.

2. RobC

RobC Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You should have bought a Lotus 20x24, it looks like it comes with its own trolley...
    Then all you need to do is fix up a tow hitch to the car.

[​IMG]

3. mhcfires

mhcfires Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format

I would need a tow hitch, my VW Jetta hardly has enough room for what little gear I have, a Kodak 8x10 2D. Love the idea.

m

4. John Koehrer

John Koehrer Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    No tow hitch needed.
    Get one of these.

5. Luis-F-S

Luis-F-S Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Large Format
    There was a cart sometime back maybe in LFF from the hunting side that had 2 large wheels and could be used to transport game that had been shot. Don't guess anyone here has a link to it?

6. ransel

ransel Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I purchased a 2-wheel wheelbarrow from the hardware store. I didn't mount the container but made a platform out of plywood. Just kind of threw it together pretty fast so I could haul my 8X10 gear off into the woods. I use tie-down straps to keep everything in place. It was only about $40.
    8x10a.jpg 8x10b.jpg

7. Brickbird

Brickbird Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Gerry....

Here's my post from 2009 for my 12x20 Lotus....................

(there was a url link here which no longer exists)

8. M Carter

M Carter Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I do a lot of location video and photography - my kids got me a rock-n-roller cart for christmas a year back. Freaking love it, used to use a big steel dolly, but these carts are so cool, and fold down very small when not in use, or in a vehicle. And lots of accessories to customize. May not be just the thing for the OP but they're well thought out and really handy. They start at $100 - Dead Link Removed

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.