Threads
Members
Latest member
pulsa333
Recent bookmarks

Jim Moore

Shooter
Large Format
I have heard rumors that there will be a new model of the Zone VI Enlarger out soon.

Has anyone else heard such a thing??

Looking at Calumets Web Site they no longer have any Zone VI Enlargers listed.

Jim

Tom Duffy

Heard somewhere. Don't know where, that the new VC enlarger will use an LED instead of florescent light source. It will be a 4x5 instead of their 5x7 model. Does this mean no 8x10? Stay tuned, I guess...

blansky

Shooter
Medium Format
From their latest catalog, they still list the Zone VI but at the bottom, the say:

Coming soon,
"a revolutionary new variable contrast light source that will change the way you think about diffusion black and white printing."

I believe Tom is right it is a LED.

Later,

Michael McBlane

Les McLean

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Tom is right, I saw the prototype when I visited Richard Newman when I was in California last November. Richard told me about 2 years ago that he was working with Zone VI on this new development. Richard is very enthusiastic about the concept, I understand that, unlike cold cathode, the light source is quite bright and exposure times are relatively quick.

mikewhi

Shooter
8x10 Format
No 8x10??? Are they serious? Perhaps the lightsource, if LED, would be too difficult to make in 8x10? Where does that leave us regarding optinos for 8x10 enlargers that are 'affordable'? I have a Zone VI Model I 8x10 non-VC that I guess I had better hang onto.

-Mike

Donald Miller

Shooter
Large Format
mikewhi said:
No 8x10??? Are they serious? Perhaps the lightsource, if LED, would be too difficult to make in 8x10? Where does that leave us regarding optinos for 8x10 enlargers that are 'affordable'? I have a Zone VI Model I 8x10 non-VC that I guess I had better hang onto.

-Mike

As an alternative to cold light sources, one can build a LED light source head. Printing times would be quicker the coldlights and it would still remain a diffusion source. The design is in the public domain at HUB. (A Google search will locate it for you). While Hub built a head for a 4X5 Devere, it could very easily be built to 8X10 format.

fingel

Shooter
Multi Format
Donald Miller said:
As an alternative to cold light sources, one can build a LED light source head. Printing times would be quicker the coldlights and it would still remain a diffusion source. The design is in the public domain at HUB. (A Google search will locate it for you). While Hub built a head for a 4X5 Devere, it could very easily be built to 8X10 format.

Hi Donald.
What is HUB? I got about 9,000,000 search results in google for it.

cspirz

Shooter
Multi Format
You can see one here: Dead Link Removed, that had times of 3 sec at F11 for Grade 2. Says he had to put in a dimmer function.

Donald Miller

Shooter
Large Format
cspirz said:
You can see one here: Dead Link Removed, that had times of 3 sec at F11 for Grade 2. Says he had to put in a dimmer function.

Thanks for posting this. This tells me why I was having trouble searching for it. I had not accurately remembered and misspelled his name. I have bookmarked it for future reference.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab
Top Bottom