X-Pan negative carrier for beseler 23ciii

Discussion in 'Panoramic Cameras and Accessories' started by sambw, May 22, 2015.

1. sambw

sambw Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have both a 105mm and a 75mm lens and a couple 6x9 negative carriers (one with glass and one without) and some extra, normal 35mm negative carriers. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to make a negative carrier for xpan negs (either masking or converting the normal 35mm carrier would be fine) or a good (somewhat cheap) negative carrier made for the xpan?
    Thanks

2. Colin Corneau

Colin Corneau Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    What I did for my XPan negs was to find a metal negative carrier, for regular 35mm negs. I measured out the dimensions of an XPan neg, and pencilled it in.
    Then I took it to my local high school, because their vocational shop had a laser cutter. They cut it precisely, and from then I just used metal sandpaper to file the edges buttery smooth.

It works a charm!

3. Myxine

Myxine Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I went for a less fancy solution, took a 35mm carrier that I filed like a madman but it worked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. DCphotos

DCphotos Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I use a carrier I made out of wood with my scroll saw. Painted it flat black, works great.

5. faberryman

faberryman Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Cutting a mat would be the easiest way.

6. TheFlyingCamera

TheFlyingCamera Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have an official Beseler carrier for XPan negatives but I think it is made for the Beseler 45 series enlargers and wouldn't fit in a 23C.