X-Pan negative carrier for beseler 23ciii

Discussion in 'Panoramic Cameras and Accessories' started by sambw, May 22, 2015.

1. sambw

sambw Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have both a 105mm and a 75mm lens and a couple 6x9 negative carriers (one with glass and one without) and some extra, normal 35mm negative carriers. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to make a negative carrier for xpan negs (either masking or converting the normal 35mm carrier would be fine) or a good (somewhat cheap) negative carrier made for the xpan?
    Thanks

2. Colin Corneau

Colin Corneau Subscriber
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    What I did for my XPan negs was to find a metal negative carrier, for regular 35mm negs. I measured out the dimensions of an XPan neg, and pencilled it in.
    Then I took it to my local high school, because their vocational shop had a laser cutter. They cut it precisely, and from then I just used metal sandpaper to file the edges buttery smooth.

It works a charm!

3. Myxine

Myxine Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I went for a less fancy solution, took a 35mm carrier that I filed like a madman but it worked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. DCphotos

DCphotos Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I use a carrier I made out of wood with my scroll saw. Painted it flat black, works great.

5. faberryman

faberryman Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Cutting a mat would be the easiest way.

6. TheFlyingCamera

TheFlyingCamera Membership Council Council
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have an official Beseler carrier for XPan negatives but I think it is made for the Beseler 45 series enlargers and wouldn't fit in a 23C.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.