Latest member
jrhii
Recent bookmarks
Trader history for punkzter (3)

punkzter

Shooter
Multi Format
Hi,

I have a Nikon Nikkor 50mm enlarger lens that I'd like to buy a rear cap for. From what I can tell, the rear threads are 39mm?

I bought a cap on ebay that seems to be 39mm, but it doesn't fit. Maybe someone has an extra that they'd be willing to sell?

Thanks,
Brad

chip j

Shooter
35mm
Nikon didn't make rear lens caps for enlarging lenses; Leica made metal silver ones but $$$$

BMbikerider

Shooter
35mm
Any 39mm cap with a Leica thread will fit, not necessarily from a Leica - Fed lenses have 39mm rear caps so a dealer may have an odd one lying around

darkroommike

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
You may also need a cap that is deeper than a standard Leica lens to accommodate projecting rear elements.

nsurit

Subscriber
Shooter
Multi Format
Didn't they make a plastic case for their enlarger lens, similar to what Hasselblad has for their camera lenses?

jim10219

Shooter
4x5 Format
Instead of caps, I just bought some 4x4x2 white boxes from a local shipping store and store the lens and the lensboard (with some silica gel) in the box. I have a pair of Beseler enlargers and these boxes protect my lenses from dust and scratches, and keep them attached to the lens board for easy swapping. None of the glass elements of any of my enlarging lenses extend beyond the barrels that surround them, so they never come into contact with the top or bottom of the box. And since the box and the lens board fit so snuggly together, they don't rattle around.

Photrio.com contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
To read our full affiliate disclosure statement please click Here.

PHOTRIO PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Ilford ADOX Freestyle Photographic Stearman Press Weldon Color Lab Blue Moon Camera & Machine
Top Bottom