WTB: Mamiya RB67 75mm S/L 4.5 SHIFT lens

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by at680, Apr 4, 2016.

1. at680

at680 Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Looking for an optically clean specimen of the 75mm shift lens for the Mamiya RB67. Thanks!

2. OP
    OP
    at680

at680 Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Bump!

3. EdSawyer

EdSawyer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have a superb one for the RZ67 if you could use that instead? Also have a bunch of the other tilt-shift stuff for RZ if anyone needs it. (75 SB lens, 180 SB lens, spacer, etc.)

4. OP
    OP
    at680

at680 Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Hi Ed, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the RB lenses fit RZ cameras, but not the other way around. I have considered getting an RZ kit just to use this more widely available lens. If it comes to that I'll let you know! Do you just have the SB one, or do you also have the stand-alone 75mm shift RZ lens?

5. EdSawyer

EdSawyer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    hi -

I have both - the 75 shift, and the 75SB. I would have to agree the RZ would be a nice upgrade in all ways, if you go that route.

re: 75s, - be aware that some of these (most?) had issues with cement going bad in a cemented doublet in the rear group of the lens. It manifests itself as a haze that can't be removed. I had to go through 4 of these lenses before I found ones without the haze. (both mine are clean in that way).

-Ed

6. OP
    OP
    at680

at680 Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Large Format
    That's the impression I've received, based on some of the sad ebay specimens I've seen advertised. Thanks for confirming it! If going with an RZ for this lens looks like my route I'll let you know, in case yours is still available.

7. EdSawyer

EdSawyer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    sounds good, keep in touch! GLWS

-Ed

8. OP
    OP
    at680

at680 Member
    Ads Enabled

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Hi Ed, Just out of curiosity what are you asking for your RZ shiftables?

Terry

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.