WTB- LTM to M adapter type 1 35mm

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by joby, Sep 12, 2018.

1. joby

joby Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Looking for an adapter to mount a 35/2.5 w-nikkor on to an M2. From what I've been told the type 1 adapter is required for the infinity lock to work/clear. Not picky on brand, as long as it's the right type, pulls up 35mm framelines on an M2, and is known to work. Anyone have a spare? Attached is a photo showing the difference in adapter types (credit goes to cameraquest.com, I hope that's okay).

IMG_8431.JPG

2. Jim Jones

Jim Jones Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have an original type 1 Leitz adaptor I'd let go for $50 postpaid with a no-hassle return priviledge, but you might want to try something like the much less expensive Photodiox brand from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Fotodiox-Mount-Adapter-Thread-Leica/dp/B003EB326Q/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1537198313&sr=8-3&keywords=leica+screw+mount+adapter. My Leitz adaptor activates the 35mm frame on my M4, and according to the inscription on the adapter, on your M2. I believe the Fotodiox adapter also does this.

Attached Files:

3. OP
    OP
    joby

joby Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    hey jim- thanks for reaching out. i bought the fotodiox brand adapter from b&h, is slated for delivery today. i've read reviews on amazon that the supplied adapter isn't a type 1 as indicated in the photos, so we'll see. if it's not, i'll return it to b&h and most certainly take you up on your offer. would be cool to have the original Leitz one. the fotodiox adapter was $30 through b&h anywho, i do my best to not support amazon whenever possible. excited to get this little jewel of a lens, the ltm w-nikkor 35/2.5 up and running!

best,
    joe

4. dourbalistar

dourbalistar Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Joe, which version did you order from B&H? It looks like Fotodiox makes two different versions, the Pro version which is round with no cutouts, and a non-Pro version that looks like a Type 1.

5. OP
    OP
    joby

joby Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    i ordered the non-pro. got it in the mail, and it's indeed a type 1, but when screwed onto the lens, the cam doesn't match up with the cutout in the ltm mount.... it should, correct?

6. dourbalistar

dourbalistar Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I think the only way to find out is to test. I have (or had) both Fotodiox adapters for 50mm. With my collapsible Elmar 5cm f/3.5 that has a similar focusing lever to your Nikkor, I had full focusing range on the non-pro adapter, but not on the Pro adapter. With the Pro adapter, the focus lever/tab bottomed out on the adapter as the focus neared infinity.

7. OP
    OP
    joby

joby Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    photo: IMG_8478.jpg

8. Jim Jones

Jim Jones Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The W-Nikkor 1:2.5 f=3.5cm I bought new in 1953 lines up on my Leica adapter much like your Nikkor on your Fotodiox adapter. A critical dimension for proper viewfinder frames is the face of the mount locking lug about 45 degrees counterclockwise from your thumb in the photo. That face operates the frame selector switch, and a little error makes all the difference. Too many items from overseas are made by people who don't completely understand the function of the item, or are meeting a low price instead of making a precise product. I've bought too many spring clothespins made in Chine where the maker didn't understand something that simple, or didn't care.

9. OP
    OP
    joby

joby Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    fascinating you bought one new! do you still have it? what's your opinion of it?

i can relate on the clothespin situation. seems like a hard thing to mess up... welp.

10. Jim Jones

Jim Jones Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I still have it with its dinged up filter ring, and its moldy original case. I never seriously compared it to other 35mm lenses, but never complained about the images. Nikon lenses acquired a good reputation among many military photographers during the Korean War. They were affordable in the PXs in Japan, even to this junior Navy enlisted man.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.