WTB: Cable Release (long throw)

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by bvy, May 17, 2018.

1. bvy

bvy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Looking for a long throw cable release for 8x10 -- specifically one that will trigger an Ilex #5 shutter.

Any size will do (in terms of total length) but the longer the better.

Thanks.

2. mgb74

mgb74 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have a few older cable releases that might work. But I'll need you to define how long of a "throw" you need. I.E. the distance the cable release moves.

3. OP
    OP
    bvy

bvy Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks. Fully extended the throw should be about 2 cm. 1.8 might do. Hopefully you have something...

4. jnanian

jnanian Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    hi bvy
    if mgb74 doesn't have what you need you might need/want is a degroff air piston
    go to ebay ( search " de groff " ) there is one for sale for 15 / OBO at the moment

you will need surgical hose and a blood pressure bulb. cut a hole in one end of the bulb
    and you will have more control. if it is sluggish ( the piston ) put some graphite dust in it ...

good luck !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. If you have a Photrio account, please log in (and select 'stay logged in') to prevent recurrence of this notice.