Which enlarger do you print with

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by RichardH, Jun 21, 2013.

1. wyofilm

wyofilm Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yeah, but I heard she moved onto Bob Carnie - something about his big enlarger.

2. fdonadio

fdonadio Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I can understand that... I mean... I would marry Bob Carnie because of that enlarger! :D

3. David Brown

David Brown Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Claudio: Yes. Keep it simple. Everything is external to the timer, so my device would work with any timer. Basically, I built a box with two plugs and a toggle switch. This plugs into the enlarger output from a timer and the toggle switch sends the connection to one or the other enlarger.

One caution. Even though this is simple and fairly straight forward, I would not attempt it unless you are confident in your electrician skills. Cheers.

4. jim10219

jim10219 Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    My main enlarger is my computer, since I do more alternative process contact printing than anything else. My most used proper enlarger is my Beseler 23 III. I installed some large swivel wheels to the bottom of the baseboard so I can move it around easily. Currently, I'm working on restoring my old Beseler 45M, trying to get it back into reliable shape so I can get back into large format silver gelatin printing, instead of being forced to scan everything. The one enlarger I never use is my Omega C760. There's nothing wrong with it, in fact it's probably in the best shape of all of my enlargers, but I don't do much color, and am not a fan of diffuser heads. That's why I'm getting rid of my Ilford Multigrade 500H head. It's a great setup, but I just like the look from condenser heads too much to use it.

5. Bob Carnie

Bob Carnie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    I am happily married but thanks for the offers , I am blushing with pride.

6. CCLA

CCLA Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thank you David.

claudio